Chanel denies Lagerfeld retirement rumors
Monday 15 March 2010
French luxe brand Chanel says that there is currently no plan to replace head designer Karl Lagerfeld.
"KL is Chanel's creative director and has a long-term contract that is by no means reassessed," a representative told Relaxnews. "His succession is not on the agenda."
Rumor, first surfacing last summer, has it that Lanvin's creative director Alber Elbaz is in talks with Chanel to take over once Karl Lagerfeld, now 76 (even though the German designer says that no one knows his real birthdate), retires.
However, 'proof' remains very scarce, and most media are referencing speculation from Australian Grazia magazine, which in turn was prompted by prominent blogger Tommy Ton's tweet that stated: "I received some news tonight that is going to SHAKE the fashion world in the next two days. CRAZY!!!!"
This was posted on March 9, and so far, nothing has been shook, but it looks as if we won't have to wait very long for the secret to be disclosed.
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop in Los Angeles after actor tests positive for HIV
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The 3D-printed key that can unlock anything
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
Highly Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - This is a very unusual law c...
£28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Junior VB.NET ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Web De...