Chanel denies Lagerfeld retirement rumors
Monday 15 March 2010
French luxe brand Chanel says that there is currently no plan to replace head designer Karl Lagerfeld.
"KL is Chanel's creative director and has a long-term contract that is by no means reassessed," a representative told Relaxnews. "His succession is not on the agenda."
Rumor, first surfacing last summer, has it that Lanvin's creative director Alber Elbaz is in talks with Chanel to take over once Karl Lagerfeld, now 76 (even though the German designer says that no one knows his real birthdate), retires.
However, 'proof' remains very scarce, and most media are referencing speculation from Australian Grazia magazine, which in turn was prompted by prominent blogger Tommy Ton's tweet that stated: "I received some news tonight that is going to SHAKE the fashion world in the next two days. CRAZY!!!!"
This was posted on March 9, and so far, nothing has been shook, but it looks as if we won't have to wait very long for the secret to be disclosed.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This firm are focussed on assis...
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: A vacancy has arisen for a General Processor ...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A great opportunity has arisen ...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Full time and Part time positio...