Chanel denies Lagerfeld retirement rumors
Monday 15 March 2010
French luxe brand Chanel says that there is currently no plan to replace head designer Karl Lagerfeld.
"KL is Chanel's creative director and has a long-term contract that is by no means reassessed," a representative told Relaxnews. "His succession is not on the agenda."
Rumor, first surfacing last summer, has it that Lanvin's creative director Alber Elbaz is in talks with Chanel to take over once Karl Lagerfeld, now 76 (even though the German designer says that no one knows his real birthdate), retires.
However, 'proof' remains very scarce, and most media are referencing speculation from Australian Grazia magazine, which in turn was prompted by prominent blogger Tommy Ton's tweet that stated: "I received some news tonight that is going to SHAKE the fashion world in the next two days. CRAZY!!!!"
This was posted on March 9, and so far, nothing has been shook, but it looks as if we won't have to wait very long for the secret to be disclosed.
Lincoln MP Karl McCartney 'denied all knowledge' of the Twitter activity
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5C could be killed next year, and Apple’s cheap and cheerful line might die with it
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: Best fashion deals -online and on the high-street
UK's first plus-size fashion magazine Slink hits the shelves: 'Style doesn't stop at size 8'
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: SURREY MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: What do you want to do with your career? Do yo...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This company is a leading expert in immunoassa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Development Scientist is required to join a ...