David Lynch to direct for Dior
Tuesday 08 December 2009
French fashion house Dior has confirmed to Relaxnews that filmmaker David Lynch will follow in Oliver Dahan's footsteps, directing the label's next 'Lady Dior' ad.
Rumors first surfaced on Women's Wear Daily's webpage, and fashion blog Style List reported December 4 that the second 'episode' of the campaign, which started with Dahan's secret agent-inspired chapter earlier this year, was shot in Shanghai this week.
Lynch, the maker of US TV series Twin Peaks and movies such as Mulholland Drive, is no rookie to the fashion world: he previously collaborated with shoe designer Christian Louboutin on a photo exhibition and directed the ad for Gucci's signature fragrance.
The filmmaker will further Dahan's story, and French actress Marion Cotillard will again star in the ad.
While Shanghai is increasingly putting itself on the fashion map (Chanel's Maison d'Arts show at its new Shanghai boutique is just the most recent example), Dior is following another big trend in fashion with this move, namely that of short movies for promotional purposes. Chanel, Vanessa Bruno, and Victoria Beckham have all made use of elaborate, artsy films to increase their labels' popularity.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public can visit police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Vagina canoe artist facing two years in jail defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
- 5 The Queen’s speech 2014: Recap and Twitter reaction to Game of Thrones reference
£70000 - £75000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager/Marketi...
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...