Elie Saab presents a couture show of embellished lace and tulle
Thursday 24 January 2013
Fresh-faced models with their hair worn up in neat twists looked fairy-tale like in bejewelled gowns at the Elie Saab haute couture show yesterday. Delicate lace and tulle were overworked with precious crystal embellishments in baroque motifs which looked ornate, yet never over the top.
The feminine collection took on a darker mood when the colour palette turned to red and black but it was no less beautiful for it.
A veiled bride in a plume of champagne lace with a floor-sweeping train closed the show.
Life & Style blogs
Hollywood's new diet: Has LA stolen New York's crown as the ultimate foodie trend-setter?
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
How to respond if someone tells you they've been sexually assaulted
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Psychological impact of nuclear disasters like Fukushima more damaging than the risk from radiation, experts say
- 1 Stuart Baggs dies: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 2 As the world mourned the death of Cecil the lion, five endangered elephants were killed in Kenya
- 3 Amazon Prime - how to cancel: after Top Gear hiring, instructions on how to leave premium service
- 4 What is halal meat and why is it controversial?
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity to join...
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This provider of commercial security solution...
£17000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This bespoke furniture and inte...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A New Business Executive role s...