Elie Saab presents a couture show of embellished lace and tulle
Thursday 24 January 2013
Fresh-faced models with their hair worn up in neat twists looked fairy-tale like in bejewelled gowns at the Elie Saab haute couture show yesterday. Delicate lace and tulle were overworked with precious crystal embellishments in baroque motifs which looked ornate, yet never over the top.
The feminine collection took on a darker mood when the colour palette turned to red and black but it was no less beautiful for it.
A veiled bride in a plume of champagne lace with a floor-sweeping train closed the show.
Life & Style blogs
Meditation is touted as a cure for mental instability but can it actually be bad for you?
Anorexic actress Rachael Farrokh told by hospitals she is too skinny to treat
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Teenager tries to buy elderly homeless man breakfast at McDonald's but is told homeless people cannot be served under 'new policy'
- 1 JK Rowling horrified by Harry Potter actor Matthew Lewis's raunchy photoshoot
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 Georgia Army veteran arrested for breaking window to save dog has charges dropped
- 4 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
- 5 Melissa McCarthy's brilliant response to one sexist question posed to her on the red carpet by a male reporter
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Graduate UI Application Developer - ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: B2B Marketing Manager (Events, Digit...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: A Senior Account Manager / SAM is needed to join the ...