Elie Saab presents a couture show of embellished lace and tulle
Thursday 24 January 2013
Fresh-faced models with their hair worn up in neat twists looked fairy-tale like in bejewelled gowns at the Elie Saab haute couture show yesterday. Delicate lace and tulle were overworked with precious crystal embellishments in baroque motifs which looked ornate, yet never over the top.
The feminine collection took on a darker mood when the colour palette turned to red and black but it was no less beautiful for it.
A veiled bride in a plume of champagne lace with a floor-sweeping train closed the show.
Life & Style blogs
This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
My life as a Jew in wartime Berlin: How I outwitted the Gestapo
Tinder Plus: premium service launches, charging much more for those over 28
Running test reveals whether you will die in the next decade
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 1 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + 30 days holiday: Ashdown Group: Finance Manager - ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 3rd Line Support Engineer / Network ...
£26000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Web Developer is required to ...