Fashion: Charity ball funds orphanage work
Thursday 13 May 1993
The evening will feature a fashion show, with clothes from Vivienne Westwood, John Richmond, Helen Storey and Bruce Oldfield.
The fund is also holding a design competition, sponsored by Littlewoods Home Shopping, which is open to six fashion colleges. Judges will include Helen Storey, Marie Helvin and Marion Hume, fashion editor of the Independent. The theme is Renaissance of Eastern Europe.
The last Romanian orphanage fashion appeal raised pounds 30,000, enough to send a team of workers to an orphanage for a year. This time, the organisers hope to raise sufficient funds to launch Romania's own Foster Care Programme, so orphans can be placed with Romanian families.
Tickets for the evening, which includes a champagne reception and dinner, are pounds 75 each. For information, ring 071-248 2424. Cheques, made payable to the Romanian Orphanage Fashion Appeal, can be sent to The Romanian Orphanage Trust, 32 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4N 4SS.
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Facebook status updates indicates whether a user is narcissistic or neurotic, research finds
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...