Fashion: Charity ball funds orphanage work
Thursday 13 May 1993
The evening will feature a fashion show, with clothes from Vivienne Westwood, John Richmond, Helen Storey and Bruce Oldfield.
The fund is also holding a design competition, sponsored by Littlewoods Home Shopping, which is open to six fashion colleges. Judges will include Helen Storey, Marie Helvin and Marion Hume, fashion editor of the Independent. The theme is Renaissance of Eastern Europe.
The last Romanian orphanage fashion appeal raised pounds 30,000, enough to send a team of workers to an orphanage for a year. This time, the organisers hope to raise sufficient funds to launch Romania's own Foster Care Programme, so orphans can be placed with Romanian families.
Tickets for the evening, which includes a champagne reception and dinner, are pounds 75 each. For information, ring 071-248 2424. Cheques, made payable to the Romanian Orphanage Fashion Appeal, can be sent to The Romanian Orphanage Trust, 32 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4N 4SS.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£16000 - £46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£9 - £13 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity to join a s...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Have you got a proven track rec...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...