Fashion: Charity ball funds orphanage work
Thursday 13 May 1993
The evening will feature a fashion show, with clothes from Vivienne Westwood, John Richmond, Helen Storey and Bruce Oldfield.
The fund is also holding a design competition, sponsored by Littlewoods Home Shopping, which is open to six fashion colleges. Judges will include Helen Storey, Marie Helvin and Marion Hume, fashion editor of the Independent. The theme is Renaissance of Eastern Europe.
The last Romanian orphanage fashion appeal raised pounds 30,000, enough to send a team of workers to an orphanage for a year. This time, the organisers hope to raise sufficient funds to launch Romania's own Foster Care Programme, so orphans can be placed with Romanian families.
Tickets for the evening, which includes a champagne reception and dinner, are pounds 75 each. For information, ring 071-248 2424. Cheques, made payable to the Romanian Orphanage Fashion Appeal, can be sent to The Romanian Orphanage Trust, 32 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4N 4SS.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£47,334 - £59,058 per annum: Coventry University: The Centre for Agroecology, ...