Fashion: Charity ball funds orphanage work
Thursday 13 May 1993
The evening will feature a fashion show, with clothes from Vivienne Westwood, John Richmond, Helen Storey and Bruce Oldfield.
The fund is also holding a design competition, sponsored by Littlewoods Home Shopping, which is open to six fashion colleges. Judges will include Helen Storey, Marie Helvin and Marion Hume, fashion editor of the Independent. The theme is Renaissance of Eastern Europe.
The last Romanian orphanage fashion appeal raised pounds 30,000, enough to send a team of workers to an orphanage for a year. This time, the organisers hope to raise sufficient funds to launch Romania's own Foster Care Programme, so orphans can be placed with Romanian families.
Tickets for the evening, which includes a champagne reception and dinner, are pounds 75 each. For information, ring 071-248 2424. Cheques, made payable to the Romanian Orphanage Fashion Appeal, can be sent to The Romanian Orphanage Trust, 32 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4N 4SS.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
£16000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for individual...
£25000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Project Coordinator is requir...
£40000 - £95000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Trainee Vehicle Inspectors / Pu...