Fashion: Don't fade to grey - the 2013 look is black and white all over
You can't open a glossy magazine or go near a high-street store without realising that the spring/summer 2013 look is black and white all over. Monochrome was everywhere on the catwalks (see Marc Jacobs' take, pictured), and now Zara, H&M and co are packed to the rafters with the stuff.
All very well, but how the hell do you wash such contrary garments? Surely the white will go grey as soon as it gets in sight of a washing machine (the reason I never buy garments that are black and white at the same time)? The Independent's fashion desk rides to the rescue, suggesting either: 1) Use a colour-catching laundry sheet (either Bounce or Shout). 2) Try starch tablets to keep whites pearly. 3) Don't dry clean: it can make stark patterns murky. Or do as I'm going to, and stick to separates or shoes. That way there are no grey areas....
Life & Style blogs
NHS struggling to monitor the safety and efficacy of its services outsourced to private providers
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Ben Affleck asked TV chiefs to hide slave-owning ancestry, new hacked Sony emails published by Wikileaks claim
- 3 Driving while dehydrated can be just as dangerous as drink driving, study suggests
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 One Direction: Louis Tomlinson launching his own record label, has already 'signed two acts'
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...