Fashion: Don't fade to grey - the 2013 look is black and white all over
You can't open a glossy magazine or go near a high-street store without realising that the spring/summer 2013 look is black and white all over. Monochrome was everywhere on the catwalks (see Marc Jacobs' take, pictured), and now Zara, H&M and co are packed to the rafters with the stuff.
All very well, but how the hell do you wash such contrary garments? Surely the white will go grey as soon as it gets in sight of a washing machine (the reason I never buy garments that are black and white at the same time)? The Independent's fashion desk rides to the rescue, suggesting either: 1) Use a colour-catching laundry sheet (either Bounce or Shout). 2) Try starch tablets to keep whites pearly. 3) Don't dry clean: it can make stark patterns murky. Or do as I'm going to, and stick to separates or shoes. That way there are no grey areas....
Life & Style blogs
iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
From Topshop to Burberry, London Fashion Week spring/summer 2015: Distraction could not disguise a distinct lack of focus
Exclusive interview with Jourdan Dunn: Mother, one of the world's best-paid models and ambassador for sickle-cell disease
No new blood and no fresh ideas at Milan Fashion Week: How do you solve a problem like Milano?
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pharmaceutical Computer ...
£70 - £90 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Higher Level Teaching Assist...
£50 - £80 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Randstad Education is the UK...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently ...