Fashion: Don't fade to grey - the 2013 look is black and white all over
You can't open a glossy magazine or go near a high-street store without realising that the spring/summer 2013 look is black and white all over. Monochrome was everywhere on the catwalks (see Marc Jacobs' take, pictured), and now Zara, H&M and co are packed to the rafters with the stuff.
All very well, but how the hell do you wash such contrary garments? Surely the white will go grey as soon as it gets in sight of a washing machine (the reason I never buy garments that are black and white at the same time)? The Independent's fashion desk rides to the rescue, suggesting either: 1) Use a colour-catching laundry sheet (either Bounce or Shout). 2) Try starch tablets to keep whites pearly. 3) Don't dry clean: it can make stark patterns murky. Or do as I'm going to, and stick to separates or shoes. That way there are no grey areas....
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Porn film production 'must stop in Los Angeles' after actor tests positive for HIV
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Unseen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory chapter deemed 'too subversive' released
- 2 Ebola virus: It's ripped through towns – now the deadliest ever outbreak of the virus is heading for Africa's teeming cities
- 3 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- < Previous
- Next >
Negotiable: Randstad Education Plymouth: Randstad Education Ltd are seeking EY...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Plymouth: NEWLY QUALIFIED TEACHER WE CAN HELP ...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Lead FE Softwa...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Plymouth: Year 4 Primary Teachers needed for Se...