Fashion: Don't fade to grey - the 2013 look is black and white all over
You can't open a glossy magazine or go near a high-street store without realising that the spring/summer 2013 look is black and white all over. Monochrome was everywhere on the catwalks (see Marc Jacobs' take, pictured), and now Zara, H&M and co are packed to the rafters with the stuff.
All very well, but how the hell do you wash such contrary garments? Surely the white will go grey as soon as it gets in sight of a washing machine (the reason I never buy garments that are black and white at the same time)? The Independent's fashion desk rides to the rescue, suggesting either: 1) Use a colour-catching laundry sheet (either Bounce or Shout). 2) Try starch tablets to keep whites pearly. 3) Don't dry clean: it can make stark patterns murky. Or do as I'm going to, and stick to separates or shoes. That way there are no grey areas....
Life & Style blogs
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
The big fresh food con: Alarming truth behind the chocolate muffin that won't decay
Kate Moss: Previously unpublished nude photo revealed by Mert and Marcus
Holi: Festival of colours honoured with Google Doodle – here's what you need to know about the celebration
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Kate Moss: Previously unpublished nude photo revealed by Mert and Marcus
- 3 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 4 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 5 Bad Jews poster 'censored' on London Tube
£65000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Technical Presales Engineer - central London ...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Physiotherapist / Sports Ther...
£8 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Sales Executives / Advisors are required...
£14000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for a...