Fashion: Escalators are on the up
Thursday 04 October 2012
Last season, models emerged from a steam train with porters holding their luggage; the spring-summer season before that they rode a fairytale merry-go-round. Yesterday, Marc Jacobs chose a rather more prosaic mode of transport for his chosen girls.
They made their way on to the catwalk via sets of escalators for his latest collection for Louis Vuitton. Would that the moving walkways in the average mall showed off such fabulous fashion. Jacobs made sure that no heels-catching-in-the-grates incidents occurred by dressing his models' feet in shoes with a heel which looked wide from the back, but stiletto width from the side: fashion forward and practical too.
Life & Style blogs
Ebola outbreak: Virus to kill 67,000 in Monrovia by December, claims academic study
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
What do the text messages between you and your partner reveal about your relationship?
Controversy over Queen's 'first tweet' at London's Science Museum
Our gums are less healthy than Roman Britons', scientists claim
- 1 Revolutionary lost Caravaggio painting 'Mary Magdalen in Ecstasy' identified
- 2 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 5 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...