Fashion: Escalators are on the up
Thursday 04 October 2012
Last season, models emerged from a steam train with porters holding their luggage; the spring-summer season before that they rode a fairytale merry-go-round. Yesterday, Marc Jacobs chose a rather more prosaic mode of transport for his chosen girls.
They made their way on to the catwalk via sets of escalators for his latest collection for Louis Vuitton. Would that the moving walkways in the average mall showed off such fabulous fashion. Jacobs made sure that no heels-catching-in-the-grates incidents occurred by dressing his models' feet in shoes with a heel which looked wide from the back, but stiletto width from the side: fashion forward and practical too.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public can visit police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Vagina canoe artist facing two years in jail defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
- 5 The Queen’s speech 2014: Recap and Twitter reaction to Game of Thrones reference
£70000 - £75000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager/Marketi...
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...