Fashion: Escalators are on the up
Thursday 04 October 2012
Last season, models emerged from a steam train with porters holding their luggage; the spring-summer season before that they rode a fairytale merry-go-round. Yesterday, Marc Jacobs chose a rather more prosaic mode of transport for his chosen girls.
They made their way on to the catwalk via sets of escalators for his latest collection for Louis Vuitton. Would that the moving walkways in the average mall showed off such fabulous fashion. Jacobs made sure that no heels-catching-in-the-grates incidents occurred by dressing his models' feet in shoes with a heel which looked wide from the back, but stiletto width from the side: fashion forward and practical too.
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps hides image of Android robot urinating on Apple in surprisingly insolent Easter egg
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 3 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 Ian Brady: Moors murderer announces his support for Ukip and the SNP
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Senior Accounts Assistan...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...