Fashion: Escalators are on the up
Thursday 04 October 2012
Last season, models emerged from a steam train with porters holding their luggage; the spring-summer season before that they rode a fairytale merry-go-round. Yesterday, Marc Jacobs chose a rather more prosaic mode of transport for his chosen girls.
They made their way on to the catwalk via sets of escalators for his latest collection for Louis Vuitton. Would that the moving walkways in the average mall showed off such fabulous fashion. Jacobs made sure that no heels-catching-in-the-grates incidents occurred by dressing his models' feet in shoes with a heel which looked wide from the back, but stiletto width from the side: fashion forward and practical too.
Life & Style blogs
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
Prostate cancer could actually be five different diseases, say scientists
Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge price to be slashed after disappointing sales
NHS treatments such as vasectomies and hip operations to be rationed because of cost-cutting
Hermes responds to Jane Birkin’s request to drop her name from the iconic handbag
- 1 Cara Delevigne addresses awkward interview on Good Day Sacramento
- 2 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 3 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 4 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 5 MH370 debris: Investigators 'confident' that Boeing 777 wing found - live updates
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With extensive experience and a...
£26000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Due to on-going expansion, this leading provid...
£6 - £8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a family ...