Fashion: Escalators are on the up
Thursday 04 October 2012
Last season, models emerged from a steam train with porters holding their luggage; the spring-summer season before that they rode a fairytale merry-go-round. Yesterday, Marc Jacobs chose a rather more prosaic mode of transport for his chosen girls.
They made their way on to the catwalk via sets of escalators for his latest collection for Louis Vuitton. Would that the moving walkways in the average mall showed off such fabulous fashion. Jacobs made sure that no heels-catching-in-the-grates incidents occurred by dressing his models' feet in shoes with a heel which looked wide from the back, but stiletto width from the side: fashion forward and practical too.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 4 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - Senior Employment Solici...
£600 - £650 per day: Orgtel: Conduct Risk Liaison Manager - Banking - London -...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION - GLOBAL...
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: The client is a...