Fashion web launches of the week: Proenza Schouler, Jason Wu, Alice + Olivia
Saturday 05 December 2009
From last-minute Christmas gifts to exclusive items and all-access blogs: check out what these designer labels' new websites have in store.
The New York-based design duo have added an online shopping function to their existing website. For the moment, there are only key rings, a wallet and a tote bag available (priced from $135 to $185), which make for great Christmas gifts, but ready-to-wear is to follow soon.
On thewstudio.com, fans of the Michelle Obama favorite can browse past and current collections of the designer, explore runway videos and find stockists of the label. The site also features a blog with celebrities spotted wearing Wu, behind-the-scenes pictures and even his favorite recipes.
Alice + Olivia
The label's new edgy website lets you shop the full collection as well as pieces that are only available through the website. Fans will also be able to follow designer Stacey Bendet through her new blog Where's Stacey.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer (TSQL, S...