Fashion web launches of the week: Proenza Schouler, Jason Wu, Alice + Olivia
Saturday 05 December 2009
From last-minute Christmas gifts to exclusive items and all-access blogs: check out what these designer labels' new websites have in store.
The New York-based design duo have added an online shopping function to their existing website. For the moment, there are only key rings, a wallet and a tote bag available (priced from $135 to $185), which make for great Christmas gifts, but ready-to-wear is to follow soon.
On thewstudio.com, fans of the Michelle Obama favorite can browse past and current collections of the designer, explore runway videos and find stockists of the label. The site also features a blog with celebrities spotted wearing Wu, behind-the-scenes pictures and even his favorite recipes.
Alice + Olivia
The label's new edgy website lets you shop the full collection as well as pieces that are only available through the website. Fans will also be able to follow designer Stacey Bendet through her new blog Where's Stacey.
Life & Style blogs
American Apparel makes 15-year-old YouTube star Brendan Jordan the face of its new campaign
Gill Pharaoh: Healthy nurse who killed herself in a Swiss clinic accused of doing it for 'publicity'
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
'Cool kids' can go on to become losers in later life, study finds
- 1 Malaysia issues arrest warrant for Gordon Brown’s sister-in-law after she publishes stories on leader Najib Razak's financial affairs
- 2 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 3 Natalia Molchanova: World's most successful free-driver is missing and feared dead after disappearing in Mediterranean
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
£16000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award winning Property Man...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment C...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This digital production agency ...