Florence Welch wants own clothing collection
Monday 01 August 2011
Florence Welch is planning her own fashion line.
The Florence and the Machine singer is keen to team up with stylist Aldene Johnson to create an affordable collection, with the hope of following in the footsteps of Kate Moss by having the range in British high street chain Topshop.
A source told The Mail on Sunday newspaper: "Florence wants it to reflect her eclectic, quirky style. She has thousands of unique pieces, everything from vintage gowns to garments she's been given by Karl Lagerfeld, and would love to work with Aldene to create a line inspired by her wardrobe, like Kate Moss did."
Florence - who has already been a muse for Karl Lagerfeld and Gucci - recently admitted she didn't feel beautiful until she was 17 and developed her own sense of style in her late teens. The 24-year-old star said: "When did I first feel beautiful? It took a long time because I was a short, chubby kid. It wasn't until I was 17 that I grew into myself and started wearing the clothes that I wanted to wear.
"As a teenager, my best friend and I started going to burlesque shows in vintage clothes from charity shops held on with safety pins. I finally felt like I could express myself in clothes."
Life & Style blogs
‘I had to terminate my pregnancies because I was carrying girls’ - the story of a woman forced into gender-selective abortions
'Excluded' dads put the heat on Mumsnet with campaign for parental parity in bringing up baby
Bill Granger recipes: Our chef cooks some American diner classics
GIF inventor Steve Wilhite says it should be pronounced 'jif'
'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Malaysia flight MH370: Pitbull song lyrics bear uncanny resemblance to missing plane mystery, according to YouTubers
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Q&A by Simon Calder: How far could it have travelled? Who was responsible and what would their plans be? And how can a plane just vanish?
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Charter Selection: This well respected and exciting...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Charter Selection: This exciting company and market...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + EXCELLENT SALARY: Austen Lloyd: Senior Private Cli...
£25,000 to £35,000: IT Connections Ltd: Signal Processing Engineer / Acoustics...