Florence Welch wants own clothing collection
Monday 01 August 2011
Florence Welch is planning her own fashion line.
The Florence and the Machine singer is keen to team up with stylist Aldene Johnson to create an affordable collection, with the hope of following in the footsteps of Kate Moss by having the range in British high street chain Topshop.
A source told The Mail on Sunday newspaper: "Florence wants it to reflect her eclectic, quirky style. She has thousands of unique pieces, everything from vintage gowns to garments she's been given by Karl Lagerfeld, and would love to work with Aldene to create a line inspired by her wardrobe, like Kate Moss did."
Florence - who has already been a muse for Karl Lagerfeld and Gucci - recently admitted she didn't feel beautiful until she was 17 and developed her own sense of style in her late teens. The 24-year-old star said: "When did I first feel beautiful? It took a long time because I was a short, chubby kid. It wasn't until I was 17 that I grew into myself and started wearing the clothes that I wanted to wear.
"As a teenager, my best friend and I started going to burlesque shows in vintage clothes from charity shops held on with safety pins. I finally felt like I could express myself in clothes."
Life & Style blogs
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...