Italian designer forced to ditch fur
Tuesday 17 May 2011
South Korea is forcing Italian fashion house Fendi to leave fur off the catwalk of its largest show in Asia due to protests.
Fendi's statement on Sunday said it had difficulty understanding the decision and had spent months preparing. It added it would continue negotiations.
Animal rights activists in Seoul had threatened massive rallies unless fur was removed. City official Seo Jeong-hyup said yesterday that Seoul subsequently demanded it because of negative public sentiments.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
The Last of Us: Ashley Johnson says she would play Ellie in a sequel
UK police to start seizing drivers' mobile phones after all crashes
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and me: How Olivier Rousteing is revitalising the house of Balmain
Feminist artistic underwear gives a biology lesson in women’s internal anatomy
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45
£30000 - £34000 Per Annum 25 days holiday, Private healthcare: Clearwater Peop...
£400 - £450 per day: Orgtel: Business Analyst - Credit Risk - Banking - London...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Application ...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Chemical Eng...