Italian designer forced to ditch fur
Tuesday 17 May 2011
South Korea is forcing Italian fashion house Fendi to leave fur off the catwalk of its largest show in Asia due to protests.
Fendi's statement on Sunday said it had difficulty understanding the decision and had spent months preparing. It added it would continue negotiations.
Animal rights activists in Seoul had threatened massive rallies unless fur was removed. City official Seo Jeong-hyup said yesterday that Seoul subsequently demanded it because of negative public sentiments.
Life & Style blogs
International Kissing Day: Why it feels good
World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Kristen Stewart opens star-studded Chanel show with Julianne Moore, Rita Ora and Lily Collins on the runway
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Analyst is required ...
£16000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To succeed, you will need to ha...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an award winni...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...