James Long: Divine inspiration
It was a case of Divine inspiration for James Long's autumn/winter collection, quite literally as the drag performer's portrait graced an intarsia knit jumper - hand crafted by Long's own mother.
Reference was paid to the films of John Waters - of which Divine was a recurring star - and the director's personal style too, in the form of dissected tropical print shirts replete with pink flamingos, a bird which appeared on knitwear too, surrounded by oil-spill like plastic marquetry.
Long used shades of brown, mustard and bottle green, instead experimenting with varied textures to build another dimension to a largely tonal collection. Rubberised printed plaid macs, bugle bead adorned knitwear and bronze jacquard elasticated cuff trousers were accessorised with perspex and horse hair monk strap shoes - the fruit of a collaboration with Kurt Geiger.
Life & Style blogs
DNA hope on schizophrenia: Research breakthrough points at over 100 genes
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
Man takes most pointless Uber cab ride of all time
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Scheme Manager (BREEAM)...
Flexible, depending on experience: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: T...
£850 - £950 per day: Orgtel: Programme Director - Conduct Risk - Banking - £85...
£100 - £110 per day: Orgtel: Project Coordinator/Order Entry Hampshire