James Long: Divine inspiration
It was a case of Divine inspiration for James Long's autumn/winter collection, quite literally as the drag performer's portrait graced an intarsia knit jumper - hand crafted by Long's own mother.
Reference was paid to the films of John Waters - of which Divine was a recurring star - and the director's personal style too, in the form of dissected tropical print shirts replete with pink flamingos, a bird which appeared on knitwear too, surrounded by oil-spill like plastic marquetry.
Long used shades of brown, mustard and bottle green, instead experimenting with varied textures to build another dimension to a largely tonal collection. Rubberised printed plaid macs, bugle bead adorned knitwear and bronze jacquard elasticated cuff trousers were accessorised with perspex and horse hair monk strap shoes - the fruit of a collaboration with Kurt Geiger.
Life & Style blogs
10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 3 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
£16500 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the leading Mercedes-Ben...
£27500 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£19500 - £23500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced B2B Telemarketer wa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This global company are looking for two Showro...