James Long: Divine inspiration
It was a case of Divine inspiration for James Long's autumn/winter collection, quite literally as the drag performer's portrait graced an intarsia knit jumper - hand crafted by Long's own mother.
Reference was paid to the films of John Waters - of which Divine was a recurring star - and the director's personal style too, in the form of dissected tropical print shirts replete with pink flamingos, a bird which appeared on knitwear too, surrounded by oil-spill like plastic marquetry.
Long used shades of brown, mustard and bottle green, instead experimenting with varied textures to build another dimension to a largely tonal collection. Rubberised printed plaid macs, bugle bead adorned knitwear and bronze jacquard elasticated cuff trousers were accessorised with perspex and horse hair monk strap shoes - the fruit of a collaboration with Kurt Geiger.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This firm are focussed on assis...
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: A vacancy has arisen for a General Processor ...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A great opportunity has arisen ...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Full time and Part time positio...