James Long: Divine inspiration
It was a case of Divine inspiration for James Long's autumn/winter collection, quite literally as the drag performer's portrait graced an intarsia knit jumper - hand crafted by Long's own mother.
Reference was paid to the films of John Waters - of which Divine was a recurring star - and the director's personal style too, in the form of dissected tropical print shirts replete with pink flamingos, a bird which appeared on knitwear too, surrounded by oil-spill like plastic marquetry.
Long used shades of brown, mustard and bottle green, instead experimenting with varied textures to build another dimension to a largely tonal collection. Rubberised printed plaid macs, bugle bead adorned knitwear and bronze jacquard elasticated cuff trousers were accessorised with perspex and horse hair monk strap shoes - the fruit of a collaboration with Kurt Geiger.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
GTA 5: Christmas arrives in Los Santos as update brings snowball fights, festive jumpers and a homing missile launcher
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
Christmas 2014: Jesus was not born in a stable, says theologian
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 Northern Lights in the UK: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: DORSET MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...