Jewelry designers to join Paris haute couture shows
Tuesday 24 November 2009
The Fédération de la Couture Française announced November 23 that its haute couture fashion week will include 'haute joaillerie' collections for the first time.
Luxe jewelry brands such as Boucheron, Cartier, Chanel Joaillerie, Chaumet, Christian Dior Joaillerie, Mellerio dits Meller and Van Cleef & Arpels will all present their bejeweled pieces on appointment.
Up to this point, the world's leading haute couture week had been reserved for dramatic fashion shows presenting out-of-this-world creations by designers including Jean Paul Gaultier, Givenchy, or Chanel.
"This union of two exceptional 'savoir-faire' will create a real luxury week," the Fédération said.
January 28 (the fashion week's next edition takes place January 24-28) has been dedicated exclusively to the jewelers' craft.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
£50 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: We are looking for flexible and i...
£50 - £65 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: We are looking for flexible and...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS2 Supply Teacher r...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS1 Teacher required,...