Jewelry designers to join Paris haute couture shows
Tuesday 24 November 2009
The Fédération de la Couture Française announced November 23 that its haute couture fashion week will include 'haute joaillerie' collections for the first time.
Luxe jewelry brands such as Boucheron, Cartier, Chanel Joaillerie, Chaumet, Christian Dior Joaillerie, Mellerio dits Meller and Van Cleef & Arpels will all present their bejeweled pieces on appointment.
Up to this point, the world's leading haute couture week had been reserved for dramatic fashion shows presenting out-of-this-world creations by designers including Jean Paul Gaultier, Givenchy, or Chanel.
"This union of two exceptional 'savoir-faire' will create a real luxury week," the Fédération said.
January 28 (the fashion week's next edition takes place January 24-28) has been dedicated exclusively to the jewelers' craft.
Life & Style blogs
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
France announces world’s toughest anti-smoking laws
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven
- < Previous
- Next >
£18000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and growing IT Consultancy fir...
£24000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and growing IT Consultancy fir...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + pension, healthcare,25 days: Ashdown Group: An est...
£100 - £110 per day: Randstad Education Group: Science Supply Teacher position...