Jewelry designers to join Paris haute couture shows
Tuesday 24 November 2009
The Fédération de la Couture Française announced November 23 that its haute couture fashion week will include 'haute joaillerie' collections for the first time.
Luxe jewelry brands such as Boucheron, Cartier, Chanel Joaillerie, Chaumet, Christian Dior Joaillerie, Mellerio dits Meller and Van Cleef & Arpels will all present their bejeweled pieces on appointment.
Up to this point, the world's leading haute couture week had been reserved for dramatic fashion shows presenting out-of-this-world creations by designers including Jean Paul Gaultier, Givenchy, or Chanel.
"This union of two exceptional 'savoir-faire' will create a real luxury week," the Fédération said.
January 28 (the fashion week's next edition takes place January 24-28) has been dedicated exclusively to the jewelers' craft.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
£35000 - £40000 per annum + car and benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Helpdesk Analyst - Devon - £20,000 ...
£35000 - £50000 per annum + generous bonus: Ashdown Group: Business Analytics ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Project Coordinator (Software Dev...