Louis Vuitton to open its first European airport boutique at Heathrow
The iconic fashion house is set to open its doors at Terminal 5
Friday 25 July 2014
French luxury brand Louis Vuitton will open its first European airport shop at Heathrow’s Terminal 5.
The luxury brand has been reducing the number of stores it has to keep the brand exclusive in the face of weaker sales growth but has signed up at Heathrow to promote its travel collection. It said the T5 store would be dedicated to its “art of travel” ranges which include trunks and luggage and will open by Christmas.
Its first airport store opened at The Shilla Duty Free centre at Incheon International Airport in south Korea in 2011. Property agent Harper Dennis Hobbs advised Louis Vuitton on the Heathrow deal.
Louis Vuitton’s parent LVMH will report its first half results today with analysts expecting an update on whether sales at its Louis Vuitton brand had improved. It had suffered from falling sales growth amid claims some consumers thought the brand had become ubiquitous. The Keepall bag is one of the monogrammed luggage
It has recently increased prices and introduced more exclusive and expensive handbags. John Guy, analyst at Berenberg, noted that search data from Chinese web services group Baidu, found Louis Vuitton remained the most sought after luxury brand in mainland China.
Berenberg predicted first-half sales up 2% on a reported basis to €13.9bn and earnings of €2.75bn.
Read more: Louis Vuitton mocks the catwalk copycats
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The role in this successful eco...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...