Marketing: Get your hands off my man cave
Ranging from a tiny spare room decked out with games machines to a vast basement of metal work tool memorabilia, man caves are the personal spaces us guys retreat to be away from women and all things girly.
They are not a marketing opportunity, but try telling that to the people behind ManCave, a new range of beauty products for the man who is “at one with his natural environment”.
“Looking at the core needs of the male consumer” (borage oil and shea butter apparently), ManCave has launched with a product range including ManCave Moisturiser, FaceWash, Caffeine Shampoo, ShowerGel and Deodorant. Not only is this kind of gender-based marketing lazy and patronising, it also makes the products sounds weirdly unappealing. “Ooh, Dave, your ManCave is looking parched. You need some ManCave Moisturiser to plump it up.”
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Not brushing your teeth can lead to dementia and heart disease
Yves Saint Laurent ad banned for featuring 'unhealthily underweight' model
Insomnia could be cured with one simple therapy session, new study claims
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Amber Peat: Body found in search for missing 13-year-old who left house after argument with her parents
- 2 California man brutally beat 82-year-old Sikh grandfather he mistook for 'one of those people'
- 3 School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches'
- 4 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
- 5 Charles Kennedy 'had better judgement drunk than many sober politicians' says Ian Hislop
£40000 - £47000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A 3rd Line Virtualisation / Sto...
£26000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A successful national service f...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£17500 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We currently require an experie...