Marketing: Get your hands off my man cave
Ranging from a tiny spare room decked out with games machines to a vast basement of metal work tool memorabilia, man caves are the personal spaces us guys retreat to be away from women and all things girly.
They are not a marketing opportunity, but try telling that to the people behind ManCave, a new range of beauty products for the man who is “at one with his natural environment”.
“Looking at the core needs of the male consumer” (borage oil and shea butter apparently), ManCave has launched with a product range including ManCave Moisturiser, FaceWash, Caffeine Shampoo, ShowerGel and Deodorant. Not only is this kind of gender-based marketing lazy and patronising, it also makes the products sounds weirdly unappealing. “Ooh, Dave, your ManCave is looking parched. You need some ManCave Moisturiser to plump it up.”
Life & Style blogs
How psychopaths hide in plain sight – a psychological analysis of serial killer Dennis Rader
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
How I rescued my brain: Psychologist David Roland rewired his thoughts following a stroke
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 Muslim women's rights campaigner writes heartfelt letter to girls thinking of joining Isis
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Software Developer is required to join a lea...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: A first rate opportunity to join a top ranking...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Web Deve...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...