Milan Fashion Week: A piping hot tartan parade from Moschino
For a collection which ostensibly had “Scottish-mania” as an overriding theme, parading tartan-clad models at Moschino’s show to a soundtrack of hits by English bands Oasis, The Verve and Blur was a somewhat incongruous decision.
But a piped rendition of Scotland The Brave for the finale seemed to make amends.
In the clothes themselves, the tartan was woven out of wool and cut into kilt-like miniskirts, hacking jackets and princess coats with collars, buttons and piping picked out in the contrasting colours. Tartan was used as a print too on silk dresses with white ruffle collars and a trim on lace-up booties, while vines of red roses were woven into brocades and embossed onto fringed suede in brown and black.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- < Previous
- Next >
Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: NORTH HAMPSHIRE NQ to MID LEVEL - An e...
Highly Attractive Pakage: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - A highly attractive oppor...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (Campaigns, Offlin...
£90000 - £135000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing (B2C, Acquisition...