Milan Fashion Week: A piping hot tartan parade from Moschino
For a collection which ostensibly had “Scottish-mania” as an overriding theme, parading tartan-clad models at Moschino’s show to a soundtrack of hits by English bands Oasis, The Verve and Blur was a somewhat incongruous decision.
But a piped rendition of Scotland The Brave for the finale seemed to make amends.
In the clothes themselves, the tartan was woven out of wool and cut into kilt-like miniskirts, hacking jackets and princess coats with collars, buttons and piping picked out in the contrasting colours. Tartan was used as a print too on silk dresses with white ruffle collars and a trim on lace-up booties, while vines of red roses were woven into brocades and embossed onto fringed suede in brown and black.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5 battery replacement offered by Apple
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Ebola outbreak: 'Resilient and remarkable' British victim William Pooley administered experimental drug in UK
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- < Previous
- Next >
£40000 - £48000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Devel...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Swift...
£55000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End Deve...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Graduate C# De...