Milan Fashion Week: A piping hot tartan parade from Moschino
For a collection which ostensibly had “Scottish-mania” as an overriding theme, parading tartan-clad models at Moschino’s show to a soundtrack of hits by English bands Oasis, The Verve and Blur was a somewhat incongruous decision.
But a piped rendition of Scotland The Brave for the finale seemed to make amends.
In the clothes themselves, the tartan was woven out of wool and cut into kilt-like miniskirts, hacking jackets and princess coats with collars, buttons and piping picked out in the contrasting colours. Tartan was used as a print too on silk dresses with white ruffle collars and a trim on lace-up booties, while vines of red roses were woven into brocades and embossed onto fringed suede in brown and black.
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are fluent in Japanese a...