Milan Fashion Week: A piping hot tartan parade from Moschino
For a collection which ostensibly had “Scottish-mania” as an overriding theme, parading tartan-clad models at Moschino’s show to a soundtrack of hits by English bands Oasis, The Verve and Blur was a somewhat incongruous decision.
But a piped rendition of Scotland The Brave for the finale seemed to make amends.
In the clothes themselves, the tartan was woven out of wool and cut into kilt-like miniskirts, hacking jackets and princess coats with collars, buttons and piping picked out in the contrasting colours. Tartan was used as a print too on silk dresses with white ruffle collars and a trim on lace-up booties, while vines of red roses were woven into brocades and embossed onto fringed suede in brown and black.
Life & Style blogs
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
KickAssTorrents down: biggest file-sharing site moves to .cr domain after takedowns
Audrey Hepburn is officially Britain’s style icon – 22 years after her death
Is PMS real? The tale of the premenstrual monster and its meaning
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 2 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 3 The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 4 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
- 5 Yazidi sex slaves undergoing surgery to 'restore virginity' after being raped by Isis militants
£18000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This global wholesaler and reta...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This organization is one of the founding names...
£30000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT support company are loo...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This hotel in Chadderton is a p...