Paris Hilton channels Marilyn Monroe for new fragrance
Tuesday 02 February 2010
Hilton heiress Paris has announced via her Twitter account that she was "dressed as Marilyn Monroe" while shooting the campaign for her upcoming tenth fragrance, suggesting that it is now 'okay' to incarnate someone else in order to sell your signature scent.
As the fragrance experts at renowned beauty blog, The Scented Salamander pointed out, Hilton's (or her advisers') decision to go for the iconic actress's bombshell look could be more groundbreaking than evident at first sight.
"We now note the existence of the double-celebrity-fragrance genre which enables you to access the charisma of two celebs for the price of one," the site's editors wrote. So far, capturing the star's identity in a perfume was the essence of the celebrity fragrance and its unique selling point.
According to Hilton's blog, the shooting, with photographer Tony Duran, took place on January 28. Details on name, pricing, and availability of the fragrance have not yet been released.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Geeks who rocked the world: Documentary looks back at origins of the computer-games industry
Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
Cervical cancer: Charity urges women to post messy lipstick selfies to promote smear tests
Broadmoor financial scandal: The £4m of NHS funds wasted at high-security hospital
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: OXFORD - REGIONAL FIRM - An excellent opportu...
Super Package: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - SENIOR CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE - An outstan...
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...