Paris Hilton channels Marilyn Monroe for new fragrance
Tuesday 02 February 2010
Hilton heiress Paris has announced via her Twitter account that she was "dressed as Marilyn Monroe" while shooting the campaign for her upcoming tenth fragrance, suggesting that it is now 'okay' to incarnate someone else in order to sell your signature scent.
As the fragrance experts at renowned beauty blog, The Scented Salamander pointed out, Hilton's (or her advisers') decision to go for the iconic actress's bombshell look could be more groundbreaking than evident at first sight.
"We now note the existence of the double-celebrity-fragrance genre which enables you to access the charisma of two celebs for the price of one," the site's editors wrote. So far, capturing the star's identity in a perfume was the essence of the celebrity fragrance and its unique selling point.
According to Hilton's blog, the shooting, with photographer Tony Duran, took place on January 28. Details on name, pricing, and availability of the fragrance have not yet been released.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
Worrying about your weight makes you more likely to pile on the pounds, researchers claim
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Refugee crisis: Sweden the only European country with a majority favourable towards non-EU immigration
- 2 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 3 Malnourished two-year-old found being breastfed by dog in Chile
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 YouTube video shows woman verbally abusing takeaway staff 'because they used green peppers'
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...