'Real women' stars of beauty campaign
Friday 15 January 2010
After bodycare brand Dove's 'real women' ads and German magazine
Brigitte's first 'model-free' issue comes Bobbi Brown's Pretty Powerful campaign that shows the makeup artist's 'friends' sporting new looks achieved with her products.
The makeovers, documented in before/after photos, videos and testimonials, are the centerpieces of the new campaign meant to empower women, which will also include a contest (launching January 19) encouraging customers to submit their own photos and video tutorials demonstrating their transformations.
An online community will then vote on the best looks, with Bobbi Brown donating $1 for each vote to a charity that supports underprivileged women in their careers.
The fifteen candidates with the most votes will receive a Must-Haves Makeup Kit and the Color Strips Collection.
Relaxnews confirms that the campaign, which was first mentioned by the fashion and beauty blog StyleList, will be rolled out internationally.
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Facebook status updates indicates whether a user is narcissistic or neurotic, research finds
- 1 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...