Riches to rags: Frost's clothing company goes into administration
Friday 01 August 2008
Sadie Frost's clothing company, FrostFrench, has been placed in administration with debts of more than £4m, it was disclosed yesterday.
The FrostFrench label and brand will continue to exist, however, after Frost and her design partner Jemima French set up a new trading company.
A new Norwegian investor has joined Frost and French to create FrostFrench London Retail after the pair blamed problems resulting from management changes two years ago for their original company's trading difficulties. They said their store, in Islington, north London, would remain open despite the closure of the boutique in King's Road, Chelsea. FrostFrench underwear and accessories will continue to be sold at Debenhams.
A spokesman for FrostFrench, which was launched in 1999, said: "Sadie and Jemima relish the opportunity to be fully hands-on again and being able to return to the creative and business helm of a fashion label. Both designers are currently working on their next collection"
Frost, 43, an actress, was formerly married to the film star Jude Law, with whom she had three children.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...