Roberto Cavalli not worried about competitors
Wednesday 19 January 2011
Roberto Cavalli insists he isn't in competition with other designers.
The flamboyant sartorialist - who counts Victoria Beckham, Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce Knowles among his celebrity fans - says he doesn't look at what his peers are creating as he believes he is his own biggest rival.
He said: "I don't judge what is going around me. Honestly. I don't want to see what the other designers do.
"I do what I like, I don't have any competition. Sometimes I say to my team, 'Why we do like that? Because Dolce & Gabbana and Armani do like that? What do I care?' "
The 70-year-old fashion legend also revealed his disappointment that a lot of creativity has been taken out of fashion.
He said: "Fashion today is not so much about creativity, like it used to be. I can shout about that. To start in the 70s was unbelievable, was different. That was fashion. London was the fashion capital at the time. The mini-skirt became big. Everything was fantastic."
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Volunteer your expertise as Tr...
£68 - £73 per day + Competitive rates of pay based on experience: Randstad Edu...
£69 - £73 per day + Competitive London rates of pay: Randstad Education Group:...
£117 - £157 per day + Competitive London rates: Randstad Education Group: * Pr...