Roberto Cavalli not worried about competitors
Wednesday 19 January 2011
Roberto Cavalli insists he isn't in competition with other designers.
The flamboyant sartorialist - who counts Victoria Beckham, Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce Knowles among his celebrity fans - says he doesn't look at what his peers are creating as he believes he is his own biggest rival.
He said: "I don't judge what is going around me. Honestly. I don't want to see what the other designers do.
"I do what I like, I don't have any competition. Sometimes I say to my team, 'Why we do like that? Because Dolce & Gabbana and Armani do like that? What do I care?' "
The 70-year-old fashion legend also revealed his disappointment that a lot of creativity has been taken out of fashion.
He said: "Fashion today is not so much about creativity, like it used to be. I can shout about that. To start in the 70s was unbelievable, was different. That was fashion. London was the fashion capital at the time. The mini-skirt became big. Everything was fantastic."
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...