Sephora plans new concept for Milan
Monday 22 February 2010
Beauty retailer Sephora is preparing for the launch of its biggest European store yet, which will open February 24 at the Corso Vittorio Emanuele in Milan.
February 24 is also the launch date of Milan Fashion Week, which seems to be no coincidence: the new architectural concept envisioned by Sephora, which will give beauty brands more space on three floors to create their own booths, is more reminiscent of a fashion department store than that of a classic perfumery and clearly targets Milan's fashion-savvy crowd.
According to Women's Wear Daily, the beauty chain is also planning to shake things up in Milan by giving the brands opportunities for "theater-like brand showcases:" Laura Schiatti, Sephora Italy's marketing director, told the paper that each month, a different company would be able to use "music, tools and images [to create] a new entertainment shopping experience vital in this current climate" in a specially designated space.
Italy is Sephora's second-biggest European market after France.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Boxing Day sales: From Asos to Harrods, the best fashion deals
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
The 10 Best food processors
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Top 10 travel destinations for 2015: From Haiti and Alaska to Namibia and Iceland
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
Not specified: Selby Jennings: VP/SVP Credit Quant Top tier investment bank i...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Marketing Executiv...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: An international organisa...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Internal Recruiter -Rugby, Warwicksh...