Sephora plans new concept for Milan
Monday 22 February 2010
Beauty retailer Sephora is preparing for the launch of its biggest European store yet, which will open February 24 at the Corso Vittorio Emanuele in Milan.
February 24 is also the launch date of Milan Fashion Week, which seems to be no coincidence: the new architectural concept envisioned by Sephora, which will give beauty brands more space on three floors to create their own booths, is more reminiscent of a fashion department store than that of a classic perfumery and clearly targets Milan's fashion-savvy crowd.
According to Women's Wear Daily, the beauty chain is also planning to shake things up in Milan by giving the brands opportunities for "theater-like brand showcases:" Laura Schiatti, Sephora Italy's marketing director, told the paper that each month, a different company would be able to use "music, tools and images [to create] a new entertainment shopping experience vital in this current climate" in a specially designated space.
Italy is Sephora's second-biggest European market after France.
Life & Style blogs
NHS hospitals told not to fill vacancies as cash crisis bites
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Phone batteries can be used to spy on their owners and track them around the internet
- 1 Sabrina Corgatelli: US hunting tourist posts picture of herself with dead giraffe after Cecil the lion outrage
- 2 Tom Cruise: Reporters banned from asking actor about Scientology
- 3 A-level results 2015: UK exam board OCR admits it 'estimates' hundreds of pupils' grades after papers 'go missing'
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks traffic on Dublin road
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£18000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£16000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Their research appears at the f...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment C...