Sephora plans new concept for Milan
Monday 22 February 2010
Beauty retailer Sephora is preparing for the launch of its biggest European store yet, which will open February 24 at the Corso Vittorio Emanuele in Milan.
February 24 is also the launch date of Milan Fashion Week, which seems to be no coincidence: the new architectural concept envisioned by Sephora, which will give beauty brands more space on three floors to create their own booths, is more reminiscent of a fashion department store than that of a classic perfumery and clearly targets Milan's fashion-savvy crowd.
According to Women's Wear Daily, the beauty chain is also planning to shake things up in Milan by giving the brands opportunities for "theater-like brand showcases:" Laura Schiatti, Sephora Italy's marketing director, told the paper that each month, a different company would be able to use "music, tools and images [to create] a new entertainment shopping experience vital in this current climate" in a specially designated space.
Italy is Sephora's second-biggest European market after France.
Life & Style blogs
Hundreds of Scottish women to launch damages claims against makers of the vaginal mesh implants which have left them in constant pain and even unable to have sex
25 years of the World Wide Web: Tim Berners-Lee explains how it all began
The Web is 25: Let's look at some baby photos of your favourite websites
Apple's iOS 7.1: How to get iPhone update, and what to do once you've got it
Is the secret to liberation from the cares of this world a two-word curse?
- 1 Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
- 2 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 3 First Kiss video: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Rampaging elephant smashes up house but then 'saves crying baby trapped under debris'
£20,000 to £25,000: IT Connections Ltd: Graduate C / C++ Developer / Electroni...
£25,000 to £35,000: IT Connections Ltd: C / C++ Software Engineer / Windows / ...
£50,000 to £60,000: IT Connections Ltd: C++ / Java / Senior Software Developer...
£23500 - £50000 per annum: Randstad Education Plymouth: Randstad Education is...