SHARPENING UP SAVILE ROW
Tuesday 05 December 1995
Designed by Paul Brady - the man responsible for Kartouche's decor - the shop houses an off-the-peg department, a wholesale area and a bespoke workshop where men with a taste for brighter suits than those traditionally offered by Savile Row can be kitted out according to their precise body measurements. In fact, he's the second modern colourist to arrive recently: Richard James, who does a nice line in bright or sombre tweed, is now at 31 Savile Row.
Boateng's shop mirrors his tailoring style. His traditional technique and cutting skills are juxtaposed against vibrant colours: in the shop rich red velvet is displayed against a background of warm wood.
Boateng's clients include Lenny Henry, Seal, Spike Lee and veteran rocker Jimmy Page (you can tell from the cut and the colour of the suits). Boateng's press officer (even Savile Row has press officers these days) also claims MPs and retired colonels among the client list. But true to the Row's long tradition, client names are kept confidential.
Prices: off the peg from pounds 500, bespoke pounds 1,300-pounds 2,000.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- < Previous
- Next >
£40000 - £48000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Devel...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Swift...
£55000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End Deve...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Graduate C# De...