SHARPENING UP SAVILE ROW
Tuesday 05 December 1995
Designed by Paul Brady - the man responsible for Kartouche's decor - the shop houses an off-the-peg department, a wholesale area and a bespoke workshop where men with a taste for brighter suits than those traditionally offered by Savile Row can be kitted out according to their precise body measurements. In fact, he's the second modern colourist to arrive recently: Richard James, who does a nice line in bright or sombre tweed, is now at 31 Savile Row.
Boateng's shop mirrors his tailoring style. His traditional technique and cutting skills are juxtaposed against vibrant colours: in the shop rich red velvet is displayed against a background of warm wood.
Boateng's clients include Lenny Henry, Seal, Spike Lee and veteran rocker Jimmy Page (you can tell from the cut and the colour of the suits). Boateng's press officer (even Savile Row has press officers these days) also claims MPs and retired colonels among the client list. But true to the Row's long tradition, client names are kept confidential.
Prices: off the peg from pounds 500, bespoke pounds 1,300-pounds 2,000.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pharmaceutical Computer ...
£70 - £90 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Higher Level Teaching Assist...
£50 - £80 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Randstad Education is the UK...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently ...