Shop elsewhere, Abercrombie & Fitch urges Jersey Shore cast
Wednesday 17 August 2011
A clothing company is offering money to Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and his fellow Jersey Shore cast members to stop wearing its brand on the show.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co says in a news release that it is concerned that having Sorrentino seen in its clothing could cause "significant damage" to the company's image.
Abercrombie says a connection to The Situation goes against the "aspirational nature" of its brand and may be "distressing" to customers.
The Ohio-based retailer says it has offered a "substantial payment" to Sorrentino and producers of the MTV show to wear something else.
The company says it is also making the offer to others in the hard-partying cast.
An MTV spokeswoman did not immediately return messages for comment.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Boxing Day sales: The best fashion deals
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
Christmas 2014: Jesus was not born in a stable, says theologian
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
- 5 Man hospitalised with pneumonia after downing eggnog at office Christmas party
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: DORSET MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...