Shrink-to-fit shoes – with help from your hairdryer
The new Reebok U-form+ are made of a synthetic mesh which form themselves to your foot
Say “skinny jeans” to someone who came of age in the 1970s and you may notice a strange look flicker across their face. It is the look of a person who has suffered for fashion; someone who achieved the voguish look of their youth by shrinking their 501s in the only way then possible: by sitting in a bath of cold water for hours… and hours.
Mercifully shrink-to-fit clothes soon went the way of the flairs and mullets which preceded them – or so it seemed until this week. You can now buy a pair of shrinking trainers. The new Reebok U-form+, exclusive to InterSport, are made of a synthetic mesh which, with the application of a hairdryer for two minutes, form themselves to your foot. Apparently, the “custom-fit” shoes give the competitive runner an edge on their normal trainer-wearing peers. Sound too much of a faff for you? Well, at least it doesn’t involve a bath…
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
Black Friday: From Bicester Village to Amazon, best fashion deals
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
£30k - 38k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An award-winning consume...
£40k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£35k - 45k per year + benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...