Snap! How Carey Mulligan inadvertently became the glossies' ultimate cover girl
That look is just so last year! There was embarrassment in the world of fashion "glossies" after an almost-identical cover shot of Carey Mulligan graced the front of three magazines.
Exclusive cover shots are the lifeblood of the monthly fashion bibles. American Vogue took the Oscar-nominated British actress to the South of France for her first cover shoot, which appeared on the October 2010 edition of the magazine.
But more than a year later, an almost-identical image of Mulligan, in the same Chanel couture dress, was recycled on the front of the November issue of French Elle.
German Glamour clearly couldn't resist and used a shot from the same shoot for its latest December edition.
It was unclear whether photographer Peter Lindbergh had sold on the pictures himself or whether they had been reused.
Using a historic cover shot is a fashion faux pas akin to parading, well, last year's Chanel. Glamour and Vogue, both published by Condé Nast, could have a cover-sharing agreement but Elle is a product of rival house Hachette Filipacchi.
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 3 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 4 Motorists taunt suicidal woman on bridge and tell her to 'get on with it'
- 5 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading web des...
£27000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A growing, successful, friendly...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...