Snap! How Carey Mulligan inadvertently became the glossies' ultimate cover girl
That look is just so last year! There was embarrassment in the world of fashion "glossies" after an almost-identical cover shot of Carey Mulligan graced the front of three magazines.
Exclusive cover shots are the lifeblood of the monthly fashion bibles. American Vogue took the Oscar-nominated British actress to the South of France for her first cover shoot, which appeared on the October 2010 edition of the magazine.
But more than a year later, an almost-identical image of Mulligan, in the same Chanel couture dress, was recycled on the front of the November issue of French Elle.
German Glamour clearly couldn't resist and used a shot from the same shoot for its latest December edition.
It was unclear whether photographer Peter Lindbergh had sold on the pictures himself or whether they had been reused.
Using a historic cover shot is a fashion faux pas akin to parading, well, last year's Chanel. Glamour and Vogue, both published by Condé Nast, could have a cover-sharing agreement but Elle is a product of rival house Hachette Filipacchi.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 4 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
£600 - £650 per day: Orgtel: Conduct Risk Liaison Manager - Banking - London -...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION - GLOBAL...
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: The client is a...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A well-established software house ba...