Stella McCartney to team up with Morrissey for vegan shoe range
Tuesday 01 December 2009
Fashion designer and animal rights activist Stella McCartney has found the perfect collaborator for a leather-free shoe collection: cult singer and fellow vegetarian Morrissey.
"I'm working with Morrissey on a line of leather-free shoes which I'm really excited about," McCartney told the Daily Mail. "We are still in the early stages, but the shoes could be launched next year."
Meanwhile, British Grazia reports that rumors regarding a potential collaboration with singer Leona Lewis turned out to be false. "It's news to me," McCartney told the magazine.
The designer has never used leather or fur in any of her collections since she started making clothes and is known for her rigorous stance on the matter.
Morrissey, whose record is not quite as clean as that of 'Steel Stella's,' could use some positive publicity after recently suggesting on a British radio show that suicide was "honorable."
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £69999 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Algo-Develo...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...