Stella McCartney to team up with Morrissey for vegan shoe range
Tuesday 01 December 2009
Fashion designer and animal rights activist Stella McCartney has found the perfect collaborator for a leather-free shoe collection: cult singer and fellow vegetarian Morrissey.
"I'm working with Morrissey on a line of leather-free shoes which I'm really excited about," McCartney told the Daily Mail. "We are still in the early stages, but the shoes could be launched next year."
Meanwhile, British Grazia reports that rumors regarding a potential collaboration with singer Leona Lewis turned out to be false. "It's news to me," McCartney told the magazine.
The designer has never used leather or fur in any of her collections since she started making clothes and is known for her rigorous stance on the matter.
Morrissey, whose record is not quite as clean as that of 'Steel Stella's,' could use some positive publicity after recently suggesting on a British radio show that suicide was "honorable."
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Group Head of Marketing and Communic...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery Nurse required for ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: L3 Nursery Nurses urgently required...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: We have a number of schools based S...