Stella McCartney to team up with Morrissey for vegan shoe range
Tuesday 01 December 2009
Fashion designer and animal rights activist Stella McCartney has found the perfect collaborator for a leather-free shoe collection: cult singer and fellow vegetarian Morrissey.
"I'm working with Morrissey on a line of leather-free shoes which I'm really excited about," McCartney told the Daily Mail. "We are still in the early stages, but the shoes could be launched next year."
Meanwhile, British Grazia reports that rumors regarding a potential collaboration with singer Leona Lewis turned out to be false. "It's news to me," McCartney told the magazine.
The designer has never used leather or fur in any of her collections since she started making clothes and is known for her rigorous stance on the matter.
Morrissey, whose record is not quite as clean as that of 'Steel Stella's,' could use some positive publicity after recently suggesting on a British radio show that suicide was "honorable."
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'
£38000 - £42000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's best performing...
£35000 - £43000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our award-winning client is one...
£15000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of Atlas ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Opportunity to join established...