Style: Two tiny designers, one huge price tag
The sound of jaws hitting the floor was deafening enough when Burberry launched its "warrior" bag back in 2008 for a mere £13,000 – and that was before the banks turned out to all be jipped. But, as George Osborne's mouth flapped open and closed, the latest piece of designer arm candy reached the ears of the Trending desk – not our arms, that's for sure.
The TV poppets turned (actually very credible) fashion designers Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen have released an alligator backpack available from their label The Row. But this is no high-street collaboration: minimal yet luxurious, The Row is beloved of some of New York's richest women. And working with Damien Hirst – who has customised the bags with prescription pills and gold polka dots – the Olsens have come up with the ultimate back-candy for that demographic. For a mere £34,000.
Well, it's cheaper than a diamond-encrusted skull, isn't it?
The Washington Post editor helped Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein bring down President Nixon
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
£80 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Liverpool: **Due to an increase in dema...
£50 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: SEN Teaching Assistant EBD , Septemb...
£7 per hour: Randstad Education Cheshire: We are a large and successful recrui...
£50 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: SEN Teaching Assistant We are curr...