Style: Two tiny designers, one huge price tag
The sound of jaws hitting the floor was deafening enough when Burberry launched its "warrior" bag back in 2008 for a mere £13,000 – and that was before the banks turned out to all be jipped. But, as George Osborne's mouth flapped open and closed, the latest piece of designer arm candy reached the ears of the Trending desk – not our arms, that's for sure.
The TV poppets turned (actually very credible) fashion designers Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen have released an alligator backpack available from their label The Row. But this is no high-street collaboration: minimal yet luxurious, The Row is beloved of some of New York's richest women. And working with Damien Hirst – who has customised the bags with prescription pills and gold polka dots – the Olsens have come up with the ultimate back-candy for that demographic. For a mere £34,000.
Well, it's cheaper than a diamond-encrusted skull, isn't it?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 3 Do you know this man? Amnesia sufferer found in park pleads for help in identifying who he is
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider in investment managemen...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: AVS, JVS Openlink Endur Developer JVS, ...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Exciting opp...