Tatt watch: A semi-regular column making a study of crappy body art
Tuesday 02 April 2013
Another week, another sin of the flesh. It seems extraordinary that once the wildest tattoo we’d seen was a Celtic band around a flabby male upper-arm. Now it’s all multiple Miley Cyruses here and misshapen chest-wide creatures there. Someone’s got to keep watch.
Expressing one’s love for a fictional Glaswegian detective via the medium of skin came naturally to 34-year-old John Cuthbert. Alas, “Taggart” actor Mark McManus is no longer around, so his reaction cannot be recorded. He might have said “There’s been a murrrrrderously bad tattoo,” but he might have been pleased that the gap below the city’s crane-filled skyline is to be filled by an image of James MacPherson, his one-time sidekick.
But what’s this? The artwork has won the award for the best Scottish-themed tattoo, so I guess the joke’s on us...
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
£35000 - £40000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: .Mid Level V...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Competitive Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Dig...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Car, Medical, Fuel + More!: Progressive Recruitmen...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits: Progressive Recruitment: An absolutely o...