Tatt watch: A semi-regular column making a study of crappy body art
Tuesday 02 April 2013
Another week, another sin of the flesh. It seems extraordinary that once the wildest tattoo we’d seen was a Celtic band around a flabby male upper-arm. Now it’s all multiple Miley Cyruses here and misshapen chest-wide creatures there. Someone’s got to keep watch.
Expressing one’s love for a fictional Glaswegian detective via the medium of skin came naturally to 34-year-old John Cuthbert. Alas, “Taggart” actor Mark McManus is no longer around, so his reaction cannot be recorded. He might have said “There’s been a murrrrrderously bad tattoo,” but he might have been pleased that the gap below the city’s crane-filled skyline is to be filled by an image of James MacPherson, his one-time sidekick.
But what’s this? The artwork has won the award for the best Scottish-themed tattoo, so I guess the joke’s on us...
Life & Style blogs
Hipster hate is everywhere - but is there a little bit of them in all of us?
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus: New Apple smartphones go on sale around the world
There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 3 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence referendum: JK Rowling, Russell Brand, Nigel Farage and more react to the 'No' vote
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, MS Offi...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organisation wit...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...
£32000 - £42000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...