The 5-minute Interview: Betty Jackson, fashion designer
'I'd come back as a man, it's easier for them'
Monday 02 June 2008
Betty Jackson, CBE, 58, is one of Britain's most respected designers. She recently designed a limited edition ironing board cover for Rowenta (
If I weren't talking to you right now I'd be ...
Probably choosing colours for my next collection.
A phrase I use too often ...
"Hideously good" or "hideously bad".
I'm good at ...
Scrabble and table tennis.
I'm very bad at ...
Sewing. Luckily I have people who can do it.
I wish people would take more notice of ...
Plastic bags. There really are far too many around. .
The most surprising thing to happen to me was ...
Falling in love.
A common misperception of me is ...
That I'm nice.
I am not a politician but ...
It would be the worst thing. I don't know how they can sleep at night.
You know me as a fashion designer but in a truer life I'd have been ...
A sculptor. And I'd come back as a man. Things are much easier for men.
In a nutshell, my philosophy is this ...
Love what you do.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Rice Bucket Challenge: India's take on the Ice Bucket Challenge 'for Indian needs'
- 2 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 Rubble Bucket Challenge: Ice Bucket Challenge adapted in solidarity with Gazans whose homes have been destroyed in conflict
- 5 Teenager dies after suspected ice bucket challenge goes horribly wrong
- < Previous
- Next >
£500 - £550 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client are currently...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + 5 weeks holiday & benefits: Ashdown Group: Head of...
£100 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Bristol: Randstad Education is looking...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Generalist HR Administrator - Tunbri...