The future is Nowness: eLuxury to be relaunched in 2010
Thursday 17 December 2009
Former online shopping portal eLuxury, which closed earlier this year, has been transformed into a web magazine called Nowness, due to be up and running by beginning of January.
According to the site's owner, French luxe conglomerate LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy), Nowness will be covering the fields of fashion, art, design, culture, travel, beauty, food and wine, music, and entertainment.
In the run-up to its proper launch, the new web destination is running a special story each day, including sneak peeks behind the scenes at Dior or recent New Generation winner Peter Pilotto. Their coverage can already be followed on Twitter, Facebook, and via RSS.
eLuxury had announced its closure as early as January, which is believed to have been caused by many design brands developing their own e-commerce sites.
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps hides image of Android robot urinating on Apple in surprisingly insolent Easter egg
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Blueprint Map: Can you guess the name of the city from its outline?
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 'Isis' schoolgirls: Missing British teenager tweets picture of her Syrian takeaway
£15310 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a...
£15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This market leader in Medical Devices is...
£24000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Situated in the heart of Bradfo...
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...