The Prince of Wales: A new name in fashion royalty
Depending on your republican leanings, it could be argued that the British Monarchy represents both the best and worst of the country. So perhaps it's fitting that although the Prince of Wales was recently named as one of GQ's best-dressed men, he has featured on worst-dressed lists. But that hasn't stopped his odd ascent to the top of British fashion.
As well as hosting a reception at St James's Palace tonight to mark the launch of the male fashion week, London Collections: Men, Charles can be found musing on his sartorial style in the latest issue of GQ.
It's difficult to argue against the classical elegance of a well-cut suit – the Prince's go-to outfit. And, in the way that even a stopped clock is right twice a day, the double-breasted style he has long stuck to has recently returned to favour. He is, of course, is in a position to engage the services of Savile Row and these are the men who have led British tailoring to be an export much in demand. He might not be quite as at home with the urban-inspired streetwear likely to be celebrated at London Collections: Men, but, as a much in-demand British export himself, he's actually cut from the same cloth.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Ukip's official health spokesperson: 'Honestly, I have no experience in health whatsoever'
'Cigarettes, whisky, and wild, wild women'
Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
Doctors to trial 29-point checklist for elderly patients facing 'unavoidable' death
- 1 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 2 Mother of newborn Baby No 59 trapped in sewer pipe told Chinese police she 'heard crying' when she raised alarm
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 This crazy skiing video will leave you feeling queasy
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: OXFORD - REGIONAL FIRM - An excellent opportu...
Super Package: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - SENIOR CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE - An outstan...
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...