Tom Ford to design women's wear
Wednesday 21 October 2009
The designer and men's style guru has told
Women's Wear Daily that he will launch his own women's range "very soon."
Ford, who previously designed women's wear as creative director for Gucci, said that he and his business partner Domenico de Sole were currently on the lookout for financing, but that the new line was likely to launch next fall.
The news confirm persistent rumors of a possible Ford women's range; it is the first time that the designer has gone on the record with his new plans.
Ford is currently promoting his first movie, the fashion-unrelated A Single Man, in Tokyo. His first store in the city, a shop-in-shop at department store Isetan, also just opened last month.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe Ned Stark's son may have a twin sister
- 2 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 3 Miley Cyrus address Robin Thicke VMA controversy: ‘He wanted me as naked as possible, but I got the heat because I’m a woman’
- 4 iPhone 6s camera: features to include 4K video camera and flash for selfies
- 5 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's leading stem cell comp...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Part-Time Receptionist (20 hours per week) req...
£9464 - £12995 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The successful applicant will ne...