Tom Ford to design women's wear
Wednesday 21 October 2009
The designer and men's style guru has told
Women's Wear Daily that he will launch his own women's range "very soon."
Ford, who previously designed women's wear as creative director for Gucci, said that he and his business partner Domenico de Sole were currently on the lookout for financing, but that the new line was likely to launch next fall.
The news confirm persistent rumors of a possible Ford women's range; it is the first time that the designer has gone on the record with his new plans.
Ford is currently promoting his first movie, the fashion-unrelated A Single Man, in Tokyo. His first store in the city, a shop-in-shop at department store Isetan, also just opened last month.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...