Tom Ford to design women's wear
Wednesday 21 October 2009
The designer and men's style guru has told
Women's Wear Daily that he will launch his own women's range "very soon."
Ford, who previously designed women's wear as creative director for Gucci, said that he and his business partner Domenico de Sole were currently on the lookout for financing, but that the new line was likely to launch next fall.
The news confirm persistent rumors of a possible Ford women's range; it is the first time that the designer has gone on the record with his new plans.
Ford is currently promoting his first movie, the fashion-unrelated A Single Man, in Tokyo. His first store in the city, a shop-in-shop at department store Isetan, also just opened last month.
Life & Style blogs
This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
My life as a Jew in wartime Berlin: How I outwitted the Gestapo
Tinder Plus: premium service launches, charging much more for those over 28
Running test reveals whether you will die in the next decade
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Spiritual leader allegedly manipulated 400 men into removing testicles to be 'closer to God'
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The largest supplier to the UK'...
£24000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Graduate/Junior Software Deve...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An experienced Sales Executive ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Night Porters are required to join a family-ow...