Tom Ford to design women's wear
Wednesday 21 October 2009
The designer and men's style guru has told
Women's Wear Daily that he will launch his own women's range "very soon."
Ford, who previously designed women's wear as creative director for Gucci, said that he and his business partner Domenico de Sole were currently on the lookout for financing, but that the new line was likely to launch next fall.
The news confirm persistent rumors of a possible Ford women's range; it is the first time that the designer has gone on the record with his new plans.
Ford is currently promoting his first movie, the fashion-unrelated A Single Man, in Tokyo. His first store in the city, a shop-in-shop at department store Isetan, also just opened last month.
Life & Style blogs
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about the iconic structure
Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
Gold Apple Watch buyers can skip queues
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Lululemon introduces ‘anti-ball crushing’ trousers and men are loving it
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Dylan Moran on quitting smoking, being about as sexy as the Pope and why comedy panel programmes are 'c*ck shows'
- 5 Modern society encapsulated in five seconds
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: IT Software Developer / Program...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of Europe's leading prov...
£30,000 Annual: Sheridan Maine: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a perso...
£21,000 - £24,000 Annual: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a new opportunit...