Travel site names top ten spas worldwide
Thursday 14 January 2010
Independent travel review site TripAdvisor has released a list of its community's ten top-ranked hotel spas around the globe, with destinations ranging from Italy to Mexico.
Weather-wise, the UK is obviously not very fortunate when it comes to attracting tourists, so it makes sense that three of the ten listed indoor oases are located here: the Chewton Glen in New Milton, England, which specializes in holistic treatments (and also has a wide range of 'wedding treatments' available), the Four Seasons in Hampshire, England, with its massages inspired by countries around the world and its men-specific treatments, as well as the Balmoral in Edinburgh that features Finnish as well as Turkish saunas, are all part of the list. The latter recently also won the Condé Nast Traveller Readers' Spa Awards.
In mainland Europe, it was Ritz Carlton's Barcelona Arts Hotel that enchanted guests with stunning views from the sauna and innovative color therapies as well as an ice fountain to get the circulation going. Italy booked two winners, the Fonteverde Natural Spa Resort in San Casciano dei Bagni, which with therapeutic pools and inhalation therapies takes a more medical approach, and the Adler Thermae Spa Resort in San Quirico d'Orcia, which offers all the spa classics including hot stone massages, algae treatments, and mud wraps.
The Banyan Tree resort in the Maldives additionally incorporates yoga practices.
Here is the complete top ten list of spas on tripadvisor.com, based on the votes of its reviewers:
1. Banyan Tree Maldives, Vabbinfaru, Maldives
2. La Casa Que Canta, Zihuatanejo, Mexico
3. Fonteverde Natural Spa Resort, San Casciano dei Bagni, Italy
4. Dorint Maison Messmer, Baden-Baden, Germany
5. Hotel Arts Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
6. Adler Thermae Spa Resort, San Quirico d'Orcia, Italy
7. The Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland
8. Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa, New Milton, England
9. Four Seasons Hotel, Hampshire, England
10. Badrutt's Palace Hotel, St. Moritz, Switzerland
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
GTA 5, Xbox One review: Next gen Los Santos is beautiful chaos
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Pirelli calendar 2015: First plus-size model Candice Huffine is featured alongside Adriana Lima and Natalia Vodianova in a fetish-themed shoot
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 Iggy Azalea responds to Eminem rape lyrics: 'I'm bored of old men threatening young women'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Winnie the Pooh banned from Polish playground for being 'inappropriate hermaphrodite'
£8 - £12 per hour: Recruitment Genius: To assist a young family with the care ...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Executive is required...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Argyll Scott International: My client, a world lead...
Negotiable: Argyll Scott International: My client, a world leading services pr...