Travel site names top ten spas worldwide
Thursday 14 January 2010
Independent travel review site TripAdvisor has released a list of its community's ten top-ranked hotel spas around the globe, with destinations ranging from Italy to Mexico.
Weather-wise, the UK is obviously not very fortunate when it comes to attracting tourists, so it makes sense that three of the ten listed indoor oases are located here: the Chewton Glen in New Milton, England, which specializes in holistic treatments (and also has a wide range of 'wedding treatments' available), the Four Seasons in Hampshire, England, with its massages inspired by countries around the world and its men-specific treatments, as well as the Balmoral in Edinburgh that features Finnish as well as Turkish saunas, are all part of the list. The latter recently also won the Condé Nast Traveller Readers' Spa Awards.
In mainland Europe, it was Ritz Carlton's Barcelona Arts Hotel that enchanted guests with stunning views from the sauna and innovative color therapies as well as an ice fountain to get the circulation going. Italy booked two winners, the Fonteverde Natural Spa Resort in San Casciano dei Bagni, which with therapeutic pools and inhalation therapies takes a more medical approach, and the Adler Thermae Spa Resort in San Quirico d'Orcia, which offers all the spa classics including hot stone massages, algae treatments, and mud wraps.
The Banyan Tree resort in the Maldives additionally incorporates yoga practices.
Here is the complete top ten list of spas on tripadvisor.com, based on the votes of its reviewers:
1. Banyan Tree Maldives, Vabbinfaru, Maldives
2. La Casa Que Canta, Zihuatanejo, Mexico
3. Fonteverde Natural Spa Resort, San Casciano dei Bagni, Italy
4. Dorint Maison Messmer, Baden-Baden, Germany
5. Hotel Arts Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
6. Adler Thermae Spa Resort, San Quirico d'Orcia, Italy
7. The Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland
8. Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa, New Milton, England
9. Four Seasons Hotel, Hampshire, England
10. Badrutt's Palace Hotel, St. Moritz, Switzerland
Life & Style blogs
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
KickAssTorrents down: biggest file-sharing site moves to .cr domain after takedowns
Audrey Hepburn is officially Britain’s style icon – 22 years after her death
Is PMS real? The tale of the premenstrual monster and its meaning
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 2 'Do not give them a reason': Baltimore man divides police and rioters in hope of avoiding violence
- 3 X Factor in crisis as numbers of people auditioning plummets
- 4 Baltimore riots: Furious mother marches her son home live on TV
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
£17447 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This organisation is a leading centre fo...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Trainee Case Handler is requi...
£15000 - £19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£20000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...