Trending: Looking for hits in all the wrong places
When French Vogue editor Emanuelle Alt lip-synched her way through Wham's "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" for the relaunch of the magazine's website last month, she started a bit of a trend. The latest enterteditor (that's editor-turned-entertainer, duh) is Julie Vadnal, one of US Elle's junior staffers, who under her stage-name "Julez" appears in a music video the magazine has made called "My Heels". "I wanna a guy to make me feel the way I feel in my heels," she sings throughout the obligatory Ovidian transformation from office drudge to disco goddess.
But surrounded as she is by flamboyant male dancers decked out in new-season Givenchy and razor-sharp stilettos, one can only assume that poor Julie has been looking in the wrong fashion cupboard.
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
'Long Live the Nazis' spaghetti dish sold in Taiwan renamed after backlash
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 4 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Full Stack ...
£450 - £600 per day: Harrington Starr: AIFMD Business Analyst / Consultant - I...
£450 - £600 per day: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Solvency II SME (Pilla...