Trending: The lady mo' has its moment
A beautiful woman wearing a moustache has a strange hold on the imagination. Witness timeless knockout Christy Turlington sporting an upper-lip decoration on the cover of May's Tatler magazine and look no further than your local high street for hordes of hipsters dressing up as dandies on a hen night.
No doubt about it: hirsute is the new hot. Forget air-hostess costumes, cowgirls and miniskirts; overt sexiness is over in this age of fake tans and The Only Way is Essex. Instead, opt for a pencil-thin smear either side of your philtrum, drawn on with indelible eyeliner and accessorised with a monochrome shirt-and-tuxedo-trousers combo. Stick-on 'taches range from "the conman" to "the roadsweeper", but can be quite cumbersome and have a habit of falling off when you laugh – which you must do a lot. Being po-faced in a fake moustache would just be odd, right?
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...