Update : Best foot forward
For mere mortals, however, Park has just opened her own shop in Clapham, where you can choose from a range of of samples or have your shoe fantasy made up specially for you. If your feet do not comply with standard shoe sizes, she will make a shoe to fit.
The shop has a friendly atmosphere, so if you have never had a pair of shoes made to measure, you will not feel intimidated. Some customers pay £20 a week for dream shoes they cannot afford. Prices start at about £150. Once you have been seduced by hand-made shoes, you will be hooked for life.
Henrietta Park, 40 North Street, London SW4 (inquiries 0171-627 4188).
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 4 Viral video straps colt .45 handgun to a home-use drone
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Dear Sumadhab, A growing engineering comp...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Ilford: We are currently recruiting for a Year ...