Update : Best foot forward
Friday 13 January 1995
For mere mortals, however, Park has just opened her own shop in Clapham, where you can choose from a range of of samples or have your shoe fantasy made up specially for you. If your feet do not comply with standard shoe sizes, she will make a shoe to fit.
The shop has a friendly atmosphere, so if you have never had a pair of shoes made to measure, you will not feel intimidated. Some customers pay £20 a week for dream shoes they cannot afford. Prices start at about £150. Once you have been seduced by hand-made shoes, you will be hooked for life.
Henrietta Park, 40 North Street, London SW4 (inquiries 0171-627 4188).
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£85000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Top 15 Firm - Qualified AC...
Salary £35-50K Plus Generous Benefits Package including Car,Pension ,and Health...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Capita Education Resou...
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...