US men's fashion goes postal
Diffusion clothing lines have long been in vogue in the fashion world. But it is unusual when the thing doing the diffusing isn’t some proud fashion megalith but a postal service instead.
The US Postal Service is working with the Wahconah Group to produce a line of menswear which will include jackets, footwear and clothing incorporating space for iPods and other tech. The hope is that it will go some way to reducing the posties’ working deficit – which is currently $16bn.
“This agreement will put the Postal Service on the cutting edge of functional fashion,” said Steven Mills, a spokesman for Wahconah.
It seems more likely the line, Rain, Heat & Snow, will turn its wearers into facsimiles of Newman from Seinfeld. But who can say that this won’t be the next hipster trend (remember Cat boots in the 1990s?)? Alas, our own Royal Mail, with its chic fire-engine-red polo shirts and mud-coloured combat trousers, informs The Independent it will not be following suit.
Life & Style blogs
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
Manuel Noriega fails in bid to sue Call of Duty makers for using his likeness in video game
Sex with more than 20 women 'reduces risk of prostate cancer'
Six months on bail – for being sent spoof video of a ‘tiger’ having sex, that was really a man in a tiger suit
Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey pulled from shelves over anti-freeze ingredient propylene glycol
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 3 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
- 4 North Korean officials 'publicly executed for watching South Korean soap operas'
- 5 Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
£45 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Bristol: Supply SEN Support Jobs in Bris...
£45 - £60 per day: Randstad Education Bristol: Supply SEN Support Jobs in Glou...
£18000 - £20400 per annum + Accommodation, Flights, Medical Cover: Randstad Ed...
£45 - £55 per day: Randstad Education Preston: We are looking for an experienc...