US men's fashion goes postal
Diffusion clothing lines have long been in vogue in the fashion world. But it is unusual when the thing doing the diffusing isn’t some proud fashion megalith but a postal service instead.
The US Postal Service is working with the Wahconah Group to produce a line of menswear which will include jackets, footwear and clothing incorporating space for iPods and other tech. The hope is that it will go some way to reducing the posties’ working deficit – which is currently $16bn.
“This agreement will put the Postal Service on the cutting edge of functional fashion,” said Steven Mills, a spokesman for Wahconah.
It seems more likely the line, Rain, Heat & Snow, will turn its wearers into facsimiles of Newman from Seinfeld. But who can say that this won’t be the next hipster trend (remember Cat boots in the 1990s?)? Alas, our own Royal Mail, with its chic fire-engine-red polo shirts and mud-coloured combat trousers, informs The Independent it will not be following suit.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
£35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Required skills include SQL querying, SSRS, u...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: C#.Net Developer - C#, ASP.Net, HTML...
Negotiable: Argyll Scott International: Senior Business Analyst - Insurance ...
£25000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This independent, growing Sales...