US men's fashion goes postal
Diffusion clothing lines have long been in vogue in the fashion world. But it is unusual when the thing doing the diffusing isn’t some proud fashion megalith but a postal service instead.
The US Postal Service is working with the Wahconah Group to produce a line of menswear which will include jackets, footwear and clothing incorporating space for iPods and other tech. The hope is that it will go some way to reducing the posties’ working deficit – which is currently $16bn.
“This agreement will put the Postal Service on the cutting edge of functional fashion,” said Steven Mills, a spokesman for Wahconah.
It seems more likely the line, Rain, Heat & Snow, will turn its wearers into facsimiles of Newman from Seinfeld. But who can say that this won’t be the next hipster trend (remember Cat boots in the 1990s?)? Alas, our own Royal Mail, with its chic fire-engine-red polo shirts and mud-coloured combat trousers, informs The Independent it will not be following suit.
Life & Style blogs
Pioneering 3D printing used to rebuild British man's face
25 years of the World Wide Web: Tim Berners-Lee explains how it all began
Tomnod: How to join the virtual search party scanning satellite imagery for missing flight MH370
The Web is 25: Let's look at some baby photos of your favourite websites
iOS 7.1: How to get iPhone update, and what to do once you've got it
- 1 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 2 Michael Schumacher 'experience' gives F1 legend chance to 'show his character', says Lewis Hamilton
- 3 Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
- 4 Rampaging elephant smashes up house but then 'saves crying baby trapped under debris'
- 5 Disney's Frozen is 'very evil' gay propaganda, says Christian pastor
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Corporate / Commercial Solicitor - Buckinghams...
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The world's leading mobile adver...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Construct...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Charter Selection: Charter Selection are currently ...