US men's fashion goes postal
Diffusion clothing lines have long been in vogue in the fashion world. But it is unusual when the thing doing the diffusing isn’t some proud fashion megalith but a postal service instead.
The US Postal Service is working with the Wahconah Group to produce a line of menswear which will include jackets, footwear and clothing incorporating space for iPods and other tech. The hope is that it will go some way to reducing the posties’ working deficit – which is currently $16bn.
“This agreement will put the Postal Service on the cutting edge of functional fashion,” said Steven Mills, a spokesman for Wahconah.
It seems more likely the line, Rain, Heat & Snow, will turn its wearers into facsimiles of Newman from Seinfeld. But who can say that this won’t be the next hipster trend (remember Cat boots in the 1990s?)? Alas, our own Royal Mail, with its chic fire-engine-red polo shirts and mud-coloured combat trousers, informs The Independent it will not be following suit.
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Facebook status updates indicates whether a user is narcissistic or neurotic, research finds
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...