Woof woof! Who’s this online hot dog?
Samuel Muston is deputy editor & food editor of The Independent Magazine. He writes a weekly food column – On the Menu – which appears in The Independent on Friday and i on Monday. And also travel and general features. Follow him on Instagram at @smuston
Wednesday 30 January 2013
He might not be much cop at the catwalk (too keen, you see), but America’s next top model has the good looks and amazing hair you’d hope a professional at the top of his game would possess. Bit of a wet nose, though.
That’s because he’s, er, a dog. Menswear Dog (mensweardog.tumblr.com) to be precise, star of a high-design tumblr site dedicated to a “three-year-old shiba inu living in NYC with a panache for all things style [sic]”. In practice this means dressing up a photogenic dog in various items of men’s clothing.
So we see the hound looking like Arthur Miller wearing a tie (with pin) and button-down collar. We see him relaxing in a puffer vest and, during his downtime, he dons a denim jacket, which the caption helpfully identifies as coming from Levi’s.
Since launching on Monday, it has been viewed 200,000 times. The hound-shaped future of online shopping?
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6S price: new handset to cost the same, Apple unlikely to increase phones' storage
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the word become popular?
Ashley Madison leak reveals Cambridge as the UK's cheating capital
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Chaos breaks out in courtroom as father attacks killer of three-year-old daughter
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award-winning company, whi...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique & exciting opp...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will be working with a 8 st...
£8000 - £12000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A unique opportunity has arisen ...