Old Spice finds new guy for its latest campaign
Friday 22 April 2011
Could this be the beginning of the end of the public's love affair with Old Spice guy Isaiah Mustafa? For its new Danger Zone product line, the aftershave brand presents a new manly man, braving the wilderness to impress the ladies.
Currently only airing outside the US, the new campaign features actor Neal Bledsoe, who never loses his dapper smile despite being attacked by snakes, crocodiles, and piranhas, not to mention hit by a bus.
"Danger excites me," he begins. "But I can't fully enjoy it when I smell like fear and body odor." Old Spice solves his problem, since "wilderness guy" - even if he looks ravaged by the end of the commercial - impresses the female protagonist because "you smell like you look amazing."
Fans of Mustafa needn't worry for the moment, however: his current Fresh Collection campaign, which launched in February, is still running in the US.
Watch the new ad at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-XRzDt_bvo.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
£50000 - £65000 per annum + bonus and benefits: Ashdown Group: Dynamics Expert...
£38000 - £48000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager/Senior ...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fully qualified electricians re...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior Business Systems Analyst role...