One week with Anna Wintour costs $42,500
Monday 03 May 2010
A charity auction, offering a one-week internship at US
Vogue, has closed at $42,500 on April 29.
Advertised as "the Opportunity of a Lifetime," and promising that "Just Being Near [editor-in-chief Anna Wintour] Will Make You Chic," the auction opened April 8 and was estimated to fetch $10,000, which already was deemed a vast amount of money by those who reported on it.
Now, this amount has been quadrupled by an up-to-now-unknown bidder, who will also get a few books, a September Issue DVD, a meet-and-greet with Wintour, and a visit to one of the shows at the upcoming New York fashion week.
But no matter how crazy this may sound, at least it's all for a good cause: the proceeds will benefit the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights.
Life & Style blogs
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
The big fresh food con: Alarming truth behind the chocolate muffin that won't decay
From criminal to catwalk: Convict Jeremy Meeks wins modelling contract in the most unusual fashion scouting – behind bars
Holi: Festival of colours honoured with Google Doodle – here's what you need to know about the celebration
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 GamerGate: developer Tim Schafer provokes rage with joke about online gaming activists at industry awards
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Physiotherapist / Sports Ther...
£8 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Sales Executives / Advisors are required...
£14000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for a...
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A long-established, technology rich ...