One week with Anna Wintour costs $42,500
Monday 03 May 2010
A charity auction, offering a one-week internship at US
Vogue, has closed at $42,500 on April 29.
Advertised as "the Opportunity of a Lifetime," and promising that "Just Being Near [editor-in-chief Anna Wintour] Will Make You Chic," the auction opened April 8 and was estimated to fetch $10,000, which already was deemed a vast amount of money by those who reported on it.
Now, this amount has been quadrupled by an up-to-now-unknown bidder, who will also get a few books, a September Issue DVD, a meet-and-greet with Wintour, and a visit to one of the shows at the upcoming New York fashion week.
But no matter how crazy this may sound, at least it's all for a good cause: the proceeds will benefit the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
David Beckham fronts the campaign for his underwear autumn/winter collection, which hit stores today
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
NHS patients to be seen by 'doctors on the cheap'
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
£40 per day: Randstad Education Manchester: Nursery Nurse needed in salfordI a...
£25 per day: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery nurse needed in th...
£21588 - £31566 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Randstad Education ar...
£110 - £125 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Randstad Education are ur...