One week with Anna Wintour costs $42,500
Monday 03 May 2010
A charity auction, offering a one-week internship at US
Vogue, has closed at $42,500 on April 29.
Advertised as "the Opportunity of a Lifetime," and promising that "Just Being Near [editor-in-chief Anna Wintour] Will Make You Chic," the auction opened April 8 and was estimated to fetch $10,000, which already was deemed a vast amount of money by those who reported on it.
Now, this amount has been quadrupled by an up-to-now-unknown bidder, who will also get a few books, a September Issue DVD, a meet-and-greet with Wintour, and a visit to one of the shows at the upcoming New York fashion week.
But no matter how crazy this may sound, at least it's all for a good cause: the proceeds will benefit the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights.
Life & Style blogs
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Londoners agree to give up first-born child in exchange for free internet
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
FireChat: The internet-free messaging app that's sweeping the world
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- < Previous
- Next >
Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: NORTH HAMPSHIRE NQ to MID LEVEL - An e...
Highly Attractive Pakage: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - A highly attractive oppor...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (Campaigns, Offlin...
£90000 - £135000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing (B2C, Acquisition...