Online stylistas honor Balmain's Decarnin era
Tuesday 12 April 2011
News of head designer Christophe Decarnin leaving the Parisian label have caused contributors to online fashion community
Polyvore to create more collages inspired by the iconic Balmain look honed over the past five years.
Also in brands, Isabel Marant's second line Etoile is making its Polyvore debut thanks to several celebrities (among them the Kardashian sisters) recently spotted in the designs. US retailer Wet Seal is also featured for the first time.
Edit New York, which premieres in websites this week, deserves its name for its well-edited roster of hip New York-based designers, including Alexander Wang, Cushnie et Ochs, or Lutz & Patmos. Zara's increased web activity and recently added e-commerce have earned the Spanish clothing chain its first appearance in sites.
Color blocking, now also making its way into makeup, is one of the most persistent trends to ever have hit Polyvore, staying on top of the list. This spring's fascination with popping color, especially in combination with stripes, is very likely due to Prada's collection, which so far has been featured on 15 international magazine covers. Apart from that, inspirations from the 1970s (flared jeans) and the 1990s (knotted shirts) remain popular.
01. MNG by Mango (no change)
02. TopShop (+1)
03. Balmain (+3)
04. Antik Batik (-2)
05. Wet Seal (new)
06. Etoile Isabel Marant (new)
07. Rag & Bone (no change)
08. Isabel Marant (re-entry)
09. Gucci (re-entry)
10. Sass & Bide (re-entry)
01. delias.com (+3)
02. topshop.com (+3)
03. net-a-porter.com (+5)
04. brownsfashion.com (re-entry)
05. lagarconne.com (+5)
06. karenmillen.com (no change)
07. editnewyork.com (new)
08. zara.com (new)
09. kirnazabete.com (re-entry)
10. my-wardrobe.com (re-entry)
01. Leighton Meester (no change)
02. Rihanna (no change)
03. Kim Kardashian (no change)
04. Georgia May Jagger (+1)
05. Blake Lively (-1)
06. Olivia Palermo (-1)
07. Elizabeth Taylor (+3)
08. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (re-entry)
09. Abbey Lee Kershaw (re-entry)
10. Rachel Bilson (re-entry)
01. color blocking (no change)
02. embellished wrap bracelets (re-entry)
03. knotted shirts (new)
04. knee high boots (re-entry)
05. studded gladiator sandals (re-entry)
06. bomber jackets (re-entry)
07. sequin tanks (re-entry)
08. flared jeans (re-entry)
09. statement necklaces (re-entry)
10. boyfriend shorts (re-entry)
Data collected on April 12.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives 6.5 million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
UK police to start seizing drivers' mobile phones after all crashes
Want to reduce the risk of disease? Abandon shaking hands, and start bumping fists...
Standing my ground: If sitting is bad for your health, what happens when you stay on your feet for a whole month?
Primark forced to remove skinny-looking mannequin with protruding ribs after customer complaint
- 1 Secret Cinema: Why were Back to the Future screenings cancelled?
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
£35000 - £41000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: QA Manager -...
Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: LONDON - BANKING / PROPERTY FINANCE - ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: An ambitious...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Senior SAP MM C...