Online stylistas honor Balmain's Decarnin era
Tuesday 12 April 2011
News of head designer Christophe Decarnin leaving the Parisian label have caused contributors to online fashion community
Polyvore to create more collages inspired by the iconic Balmain look honed over the past five years.
Also in brands, Isabel Marant's second line Etoile is making its Polyvore debut thanks to several celebrities (among them the Kardashian sisters) recently spotted in the designs. US retailer Wet Seal is also featured for the first time.
Edit New York, which premieres in websites this week, deserves its name for its well-edited roster of hip New York-based designers, including Alexander Wang, Cushnie et Ochs, or Lutz & Patmos. Zara's increased web activity and recently added e-commerce have earned the Spanish clothing chain its first appearance in sites.
Color blocking, now also making its way into makeup, is one of the most persistent trends to ever have hit Polyvore, staying on top of the list. This spring's fascination with popping color, especially in combination with stripes, is very likely due to Prada's collection, which so far has been featured on 15 international magazine covers. Apart from that, inspirations from the 1970s (flared jeans) and the 1990s (knotted shirts) remain popular.
01. MNG by Mango (no change)
02. TopShop (+1)
03. Balmain (+3)
04. Antik Batik (-2)
05. Wet Seal (new)
06. Etoile Isabel Marant (new)
07. Rag & Bone (no change)
08. Isabel Marant (re-entry)
09. Gucci (re-entry)
10. Sass & Bide (re-entry)
01. delias.com (+3)
02. topshop.com (+3)
03. net-a-porter.com (+5)
04. brownsfashion.com (re-entry)
05. lagarconne.com (+5)
06. karenmillen.com (no change)
07. editnewyork.com (new)
08. zara.com (new)
09. kirnazabete.com (re-entry)
10. my-wardrobe.com (re-entry)
01. Leighton Meester (no change)
02. Rihanna (no change)
03. Kim Kardashian (no change)
04. Georgia May Jagger (+1)
05. Blake Lively (-1)
06. Olivia Palermo (-1)
07. Elizabeth Taylor (+3)
08. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (re-entry)
09. Abbey Lee Kershaw (re-entry)
10. Rachel Bilson (re-entry)
01. color blocking (no change)
02. embellished wrap bracelets (re-entry)
03. knotted shirts (new)
04. knee high boots (re-entry)
05. studded gladiator sandals (re-entry)
06. bomber jackets (re-entry)
07. sequin tanks (re-entry)
08. flared jeans (re-entry)
09. statement necklaces (re-entry)
10. boyfriend shorts (re-entry)
Data collected on April 12.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives 6.5 million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
Astrological signs are almost all wrong, as movement of moon and sun throws out zodiac
Professional wine tasters putting teeth at risk, study finds
Clocks change: how to make sure iPhone and smartphones automatically ‘spring forward’
NHS property sale could raise £7.5bn to help pay off its growing deficit and free up space for housing
Gay marriage, one year on: Couples mark first anniversary of same-sex marriages
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
- 3 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
£6 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join a gro...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Service Delivery Manager is required to join...
£12000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A opportunity has arisen for a ...
£32000 - £38000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful accountancy practice in...