Polyvore brand index: let celebrities dress you this fall
Thursday 18 August 2011
While the fashion industry is slowly growing tired of celebrity clothing lines thanks to the Kardashians and other overdoers, there are certain examples where star style works and continues to do so: Gwen Stefani's L.A.M.B. collection is such an example, or Sienna Miller's and sister Savannah's Twenty8Twelve label that returns to the charts this week.
Polyvore users are using the fashionable sisters' street style as inspiration for outfits, integrating their clothes into looks that range from easy beach chic to cocktail attire.
Here is this week's top brand ranking:
01. American Eagle Outfitters (re-entry)
02. Wet Seal (no change)
03. H&M (-2)
04. Supertrash (+1)
05. Miss Selfridge (+2)
06. TopShop (-2)
07. Cheap Monday (re-entry)
08. Madewell (re-entry)
09. 3.1 Phillip Lim (-3)
10. Twenty 8 Twelve (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives ten million visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Surgeon backs 'good death' plans - and reveals his own
NHS hit by stealth cuts of £2bn as tariffs received for medical procedures are reduced
How to survive a social-media mauling, by the tough women of Twitter
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Senior Accounts Assistan...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...