Polyvore celebrity index: actresses becoming most important style references
Wednesday 31 August 2011
Actresses like Blake Lively, Anne Hathaway and Zoe Saldana are taking more ranks in the style site's celebrity charts than models, designers, or other entertainers.
Models have long lamented actresses increasingly booking "their" jobs on magazine covers and in beauty or fashion campaigns - many predict the same will soon be the case on the runways - and it seems Polyvore users are also more inspired by Hollywood's style choices than those of anyone else.
Here are this week's most fashionable celebrities:
01. Olivia Palermo (no change)
02. Leighton Meester (no change)
03. Blake Lively (no change)
04. Kim Kardashian (no change)
05. Carmen Kass (no change)
06. Anne Hathaway (+3)
07. Victoria Beckham (-1)
08. Gemma Ward (-1)
09. Chanel Iman (+1)
10. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (+4)
11. Amanda Seyfried (+5)
12. Abbey Lee Kershaw (+1)
13. Zoe Saldana (new)
14. Beyonce Knowles (-6)
15. Audrey Hepburn (-4)
16. Kate Winslet (+4)
17. Kate Moss (re-entry)
18. Constance Jablonski (no change)
19. Coco Rocha (no change)
20. Jacquelyn Jablonski (new)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives ten million visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6S price: new handset to cost the same, Apple unlikely to increase phones' storage
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
Every hospital patient will be given a barcode as part of plan to create a 'paper free' NHS
No, a porn star wasn't tricked into performing a sex act on her brother
- 1 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 4 A Chinese journalist has appeared on state television 'confessing' to causing the stock market chaos
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Are you looking to take your ...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Exciting career prospect for ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award-winning company, whi...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique & exciting opp...