Polyvore celebrity index: actresses becoming most important style references
Wednesday 31 August 2011
Actresses like Blake Lively, Anne Hathaway and Zoe Saldana are taking more ranks in the style site's celebrity charts than models, designers, or other entertainers.
Models have long lamented actresses increasingly booking "their" jobs on magazine covers and in beauty or fashion campaigns - many predict the same will soon be the case on the runways - and it seems Polyvore users are also more inspired by Hollywood's style choices than those of anyone else.
Here are this week's most fashionable celebrities:
01. Olivia Palermo (no change)
02. Leighton Meester (no change)
03. Blake Lively (no change)
04. Kim Kardashian (no change)
05. Carmen Kass (no change)
06. Anne Hathaway (+3)
07. Victoria Beckham (-1)
08. Gemma Ward (-1)
09. Chanel Iman (+1)
10. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (+4)
11. Amanda Seyfried (+5)
12. Abbey Lee Kershaw (+1)
13. Zoe Saldana (new)
14. Beyonce Knowles (-6)
15. Audrey Hepburn (-4)
16. Kate Winslet (+4)
17. Kate Moss (re-entry)
18. Constance Jablonski (no change)
19. Coco Rocha (no change)
20. Jacquelyn Jablonski (new)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives ten million visits a month.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 World Cup 2014: 20 things we learned in Brazil
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 World Cup 2014: Robin van Persie gives his bronze medal to eccentric Netherlands fan moments after being handed it by Sepp Blatter
£70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Information Security Manager (ISO 27001, A...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...
£60000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Integration...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + ex bens: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Biztalk Te...