Polyvore celebrity index: actresses becoming most important style references
Wednesday 31 August 2011
Actresses like Blake Lively, Anne Hathaway and Zoe Saldana are taking more ranks in the style site's celebrity charts than models, designers, or other entertainers.
Models have long lamented actresses increasingly booking "their" jobs on magazine covers and in beauty or fashion campaigns - many predict the same will soon be the case on the runways - and it seems Polyvore users are also more inspired by Hollywood's style choices than those of anyone else.
Here are this week's most fashionable celebrities:
01. Olivia Palermo (no change)
02. Leighton Meester (no change)
03. Blake Lively (no change)
04. Kim Kardashian (no change)
05. Carmen Kass (no change)
06. Anne Hathaway (+3)
07. Victoria Beckham (-1)
08. Gemma Ward (-1)
09. Chanel Iman (+1)
10. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (+4)
11. Amanda Seyfried (+5)
12. Abbey Lee Kershaw (+1)
13. Zoe Saldana (new)
14. Beyonce Knowles (-6)
15. Audrey Hepburn (-4)
16. Kate Winslet (+4)
17. Kate Moss (re-entry)
18. Constance Jablonski (no change)
19. Coco Rocha (no change)
20. Jacquelyn Jablonski (new)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives ten million visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Photographer/ Floor planner /...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Front-End Developer - Guildford/Craw...
£13500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Assistant is...
£16000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious and motivated Sale...