Polyvore trend index: update your fall wardrobe with a plaid shirt
Tuesday 09 August 2011
All things 1990s are celebrating a major comeback this fall, and apart from Dr. Martens maybe, or a Nirvana album, there are few things that revive the decade as efficiently as the plaid shirt, which is returning to the Polyvore charts this week.
The community's most popular models of the moment come courtesy of J.Crew, Old Navy, Rag & Bone, and Levi's, while G by Guess, Ralph Lauren, and Daytrip are updating the classic design with ruffles, bows, and drapings in order to make it look more modern or feminine.
Here is this week's top trend ranking:
01. midi skirts (no change)
02. over the knee socks (no change)
03. long cardigans (+4)
04. cargo pants (re-entry)
05. loafers (re-entry)
06. ikat print (new)
07. ballet flats (re-entry)
08. printed scarves (re-entry)
09. plaid shirts (re-entry)
10. knit berets (-5)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives ten million visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...