Queen wins cheers in yellow matching outfit
Saturday 30 April 2011
Queen Elizabeth II arrived at her grandson Prince William's wedding Friday to Kate Middleton to huge cheers and applause from the waiting crowds, looking radiant in a yellow wool dress.
The 85-year-old monarch arrived at Westminster Abbey in a single crepe wool primrose dress with hand-sown beading at the neck in the shape of sunrays, and a double crepe wool tailored primrose coat designed by Angela Kelly
She matched the outfit with a crepe hat with hand-made silk roses and apricot coloured leaves, and wore Queen Mary's True Lover's Knot diamond brooch pinned to her coat.
Kate's mother Carole Middleton meanwhile wore a knee-length sky blue wool crepe coat dress by the late Catherine Walker, the favourite designer of William's late mother, Diana.
It had matching satin piping and passementerie - elaborate trimmings - at the waist and cuff. Underneath, she wore a sky blue silk day dress, also by Catherine Walker, with short pleated sleaves and pleated pockets.
Carole Middleton's hat was by Jane Corbett, who hails from her home county of Berkshire, west of London.
William's stepmother Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, wore an outfit by Anna Valentine, who made her dress when she married Prince Charles in 2005.
She wore a champagne silk dress and a hand-embroidered duck-egg blue and champagne coat, with a Philip Treacy hat, shoes by Jimmy Choo, and a clutch bag by Anna Valentine.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she "lied" to husband about failed drugs tests
£30000 - £40000 Per Annum + excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Lt...
£300 - £350 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Cost Reporting Manager - MI Packs -...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: Senior Private Client Solicitor - We are makin...
£50000 per annum + benefits: Progressive Recruitment: A unique and rare opport...