Queen wins cheers in yellow matching outfit
Saturday 30 April 2011
Queen Elizabeth II arrived at her grandson Prince William's wedding Friday to Kate Middleton to huge cheers and applause from the waiting crowds, looking radiant in a yellow wool dress.
The 85-year-old monarch arrived at Westminster Abbey in a single crepe wool primrose dress with hand-sown beading at the neck in the shape of sunrays, and a double crepe wool tailored primrose coat designed by Angela Kelly
She matched the outfit with a crepe hat with hand-made silk roses and apricot coloured leaves, and wore Queen Mary's True Lover's Knot diamond brooch pinned to her coat.
Kate's mother Carole Middleton meanwhile wore a knee-length sky blue wool crepe coat dress by the late Catherine Walker, the favourite designer of William's late mother, Diana.
It had matching satin piping and passementerie - elaborate trimmings - at the waist and cuff. Underneath, she wore a sky blue silk day dress, also by Catherine Walker, with short pleated sleaves and pleated pockets.
Carole Middleton's hat was by Jane Corbett, who hails from her home county of Berkshire, west of London.
William's stepmother Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, wore an outfit by Anna Valentine, who made her dress when she married Prince Charles in 2005.
She wore a champagne silk dress and a hand-embroidered duck-egg blue and champagne coat, with a Philip Treacy hat, shoes by Jimmy Choo, and a clutch bag by Anna Valentine.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe Ned Stark's son may have a twin sister
- 2 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 3 Miley Cyrus address Robin Thicke VMA controversy: ‘He wanted me as naked as possible, but I got the heat because I’m a woman’
- 4 iPhone 6s camera: features to include 4K video camera and flash for selfies
- 5 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This hull based charity providing except...
£9464 - £10396 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The successful applicant will ne...
£32000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With extensive experience and a...