Rachel Zoe to launch own fashion line
Thursday 17 June 2010
In what seems like a long-overdue move, celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe has revealed that she is working on her own clothes label.
According to an exclusive interview in Women's Wear Daily on June 16, Zoe is in the process of recruiting a design team. She said: "You will definitely see me in the clothes. Like, you will absolutely see my trademark pieces. I'll definitely do faux furs and incredible leather jackets and great trousers. But I'm catering to a broader audience."
And that broader audience is no wishful thinking: her reality TV show The Rachel Zoe Project, broadcast on US channel Bravo, attracts an average of one million viewers (the third season airs in August). But in contrast to other celebrities turned designers - Madonna for Macy's, the Kardashians' for Bebe, or Lindsay Lohan for Ungaro - Zoe knows what she's talking about.
Her line will be produced by retail giant LF USA and will be available in department stores as well as online. A launch date has not yet been announced.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
£70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Information Security Manager (ISO 27001, A...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...
£60000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Integration...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + ex bens: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Biztalk Te...