Rachel Zoe to launch own fashion line
Thursday 17 June 2010
In what seems like a long-overdue move, celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe has revealed that she is working on her own clothes label.
According to an exclusive interview in Women's Wear Daily on June 16, Zoe is in the process of recruiting a design team. She said: "You will definitely see me in the clothes. Like, you will absolutely see my trademark pieces. I'll definitely do faux furs and incredible leather jackets and great trousers. But I'm catering to a broader audience."
And that broader audience is no wishful thinking: her reality TV show The Rachel Zoe Project, broadcast on US channel Bravo, attracts an average of one million viewers (the third season airs in August). But in contrast to other celebrities turned designers - Madonna for Macy's, the Kardashians' for Bebe, or Lindsay Lohan for Ungaro - Zoe knows what she's talking about.
Her line will be produced by retail giant LF USA and will be available in department stores as well as online. A launch date has not yet been announced.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...