Return of the MAC: Gareth Pugh collab to hit stores this fall
Monday 06 June 2011
Following its surf-inspired collection for summer and a new range developed with beauty bloggers, MAC Cosmetics will go back to its artsy origins, working together with the conceptual British fashion designer.
Not much is known about the collection at this point, other than that it will be a full-scale makeup line and become available in November. A collaboration between the two brands makes sense given the fact that MAC has been providing the makeup - alongside other labels such as Minx - for Pugh's shows for years.
Pugh was recently quoted as saying that he had to start thinking about how to commercialize his creative vision: "If you as a fashion designer, you do shows but you don't sell, it kind of becomes a bit of a vanity project," he said. "You know that's kind of how I started and that's how I got going but...it needs to obviously translate into things that sell and that's a new challenge for me. The two need each other, business and creativity...."
Looks as if this could be just that.
Life & Style blogs
Surgeon backs 'good death' plans - and reveals his own
NHS hit by stealth cuts of £2bn as tariffs received for medical procedures are reduced
How to survive a social-media mauling, by the tough women of Twitter
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Senior Accounts Assistan...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...