Return of the MAC: Gareth Pugh collab to hit stores this fall
Monday 06 June 2011
Following its surf-inspired collection for summer and a new range developed with beauty bloggers, MAC Cosmetics will go back to its artsy origins, working together with the conceptual British fashion designer.
Not much is known about the collection at this point, other than that it will be a full-scale makeup line and become available in November. A collaboration between the two brands makes sense given the fact that MAC has been providing the makeup - alongside other labels such as Minx - for Pugh's shows for years.
Pugh was recently quoted as saying that he had to start thinking about how to commercialize his creative vision: "If you as a fashion designer, you do shows but you don't sell, it kind of becomes a bit of a vanity project," he said. "You know that's kind of how I started and that's how I got going but...it needs to obviously translate into things that sell and that's a new challenge for me. The two need each other, business and creativity...."
Looks as if this could be just that.
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£17000 - £20000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Business Analyst, London, Banking, Credit Ris...