Shop it while you can: Jil Sander's next Uniqlo range to be her last
Thursday 23 June 2011
Urban style blog
Hypebeast reports, citing Asian fashion site
Fashion Snap, that the designer's upcoming fall/winter collection for the Japanese retailer - scheduled for a September release - will mark the end of their collaboration.
Initially launched for fall/winter 2009, the partnership brought the German designer's minimal creations to the mass market for the first time. Sander had left her own fashion house, now headed by Belgian designer Raf Simons, when it was bought by Italian luxury company Prada.
But dry your tears, designer collaboration lovers, there are some exciting new launches in the pipeline: Italian designer Donatella Versace is currently working on her line for Swedish retail chain H&M, and Paris-based couturier Giambattista Valli has announced he will design for US department store Macy's.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
James Foley beheading: Twitter 'actively suspending' accounts sharing graphic imagery
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
'Long Live the Nazis' spaghetti dish sold in Taiwan renamed after backlash
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...