Shoppers moving away from designer stilettos?
Tuesday 28 June 2011
With loafers, biker and beatle boots, and high top sneakers topping Polyvore's trend charts and not a single heel in sight, it seems as if fashion is getting bored with the Manolos and Louboutins of this world.
Together with the also top-ranking bomber jackets, oversized watches, studded belts, and plaid, it is safe to say that the online fashion community is not in the girliest mood these days.
In brands, H&M has made its way back to the top, with fast-fashion competitor Topshop following in fourth place. Fastest riser is Antik Batik, which brings a rare dose of frills and romance to this week's rankings.
01. H&M (+1)
02. Supertrash (-1)
03. Antik Batik (+5)
04. Topshop (+5)
05. Jane Norman (+2)
06. Balmain (re-entry)
07. Miss Selfridge (re-entry)
08. Madewell (+2)
09. Alexander McQueen (re-entry)
10. Rag & Bone (-4)
01. aloharag.com (re-entry)
02. generalpants.com.au (-1)
03. topshop.com (no change)
04. missselfridge.com (re-entry)
05. miumiu.com (new)
06. editnewyork.com (re-entry)
07. calypsostbarth.com (-5)
08. net-a-porter.com (no change)
09. boutique1.com (-2)
10. lagarconne.com (-6)
01. Kim Kardashian (+1)
02. Olivia Palermo (-1)
03. Victoria Beckham (no change)
04. Leighton Meester (no change)
05. Chanel Iman (+1)
06. Blake Lively (+1)
07. Gemma Ward (+1)
08. Kaya Scodelario (new)
09. Malgosia Bela (re-entry)
10. Rihanna (re-entry)
01. loafers (new)
02. bomber jackets (re-entry)
03. oversized watches (+2)
04. beatle boots (new)
05. plaid (re-entry)
06. knee high boots (-5)
07. feather earrings (re-entry)
08. high top sneakers (re-entry)
09. biker boots (re-entry)
10. studded belts (re-entry)
Data collected on June 28.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives 6.5 million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
£50000 - £60000 Per Annum + excellent company benefits: Clearwater People Solu...
£65000 - £70000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based i...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Energy En...
£475 - £550 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Senior Technical Accountant-Insuran...