Shoppers moving away from designer stilettos?
Tuesday 28 June 2011
With loafers, biker and beatle boots, and high top sneakers topping Polyvore's trend charts and not a single heel in sight, it seems as if fashion is getting bored with the Manolos and Louboutins of this world.
Together with the also top-ranking bomber jackets, oversized watches, studded belts, and plaid, it is safe to say that the online fashion community is not in the girliest mood these days.
In brands, H&M has made its way back to the top, with fast-fashion competitor Topshop following in fourth place. Fastest riser is Antik Batik, which brings a rare dose of frills and romance to this week's rankings.
01. H&M (+1)
02. Supertrash (-1)
03. Antik Batik (+5)
04. Topshop (+5)
05. Jane Norman (+2)
06. Balmain (re-entry)
07. Miss Selfridge (re-entry)
08. Madewell (+2)
09. Alexander McQueen (re-entry)
10. Rag & Bone (-4)
01. aloharag.com (re-entry)
02. generalpants.com.au (-1)
03. topshop.com (no change)
04. missselfridge.com (re-entry)
05. miumiu.com (new)
06. editnewyork.com (re-entry)
07. calypsostbarth.com (-5)
08. net-a-porter.com (no change)
09. boutique1.com (-2)
10. lagarconne.com (-6)
01. Kim Kardashian (+1)
02. Olivia Palermo (-1)
03. Victoria Beckham (no change)
04. Leighton Meester (no change)
05. Chanel Iman (+1)
06. Blake Lively (+1)
07. Gemma Ward (+1)
08. Kaya Scodelario (new)
09. Malgosia Bela (re-entry)
10. Rihanna (re-entry)
01. loafers (new)
02. bomber jackets (re-entry)
03. oversized watches (+2)
04. beatle boots (new)
05. plaid (re-entry)
06. knee high boots (-5)
07. feather earrings (re-entry)
08. high top sneakers (re-entry)
09. biker boots (re-entry)
10. studded belts (re-entry)
Data collected on June 28.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives 6.5 million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Finance Director required to jo...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity fo...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£27000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: A Quality Technician...