Shoppers moving away from designer stilettos?
Tuesday 28 June 2011
With loafers, biker and beatle boots, and high top sneakers topping Polyvore's trend charts and not a single heel in sight, it seems as if fashion is getting bored with the Manolos and Louboutins of this world.
Together with the also top-ranking bomber jackets, oversized watches, studded belts, and plaid, it is safe to say that the online fashion community is not in the girliest mood these days.
In brands, H&M has made its way back to the top, with fast-fashion competitor Topshop following in fourth place. Fastest riser is Antik Batik, which brings a rare dose of frills and romance to this week's rankings.
01. H&M (+1)
02. Supertrash (-1)
03. Antik Batik (+5)
04. Topshop (+5)
05. Jane Norman (+2)
06. Balmain (re-entry)
07. Miss Selfridge (re-entry)
08. Madewell (+2)
09. Alexander McQueen (re-entry)
10. Rag & Bone (-4)
01. aloharag.com (re-entry)
02. generalpants.com.au (-1)
03. topshop.com (no change)
04. missselfridge.com (re-entry)
05. miumiu.com (new)
06. editnewyork.com (re-entry)
07. calypsostbarth.com (-5)
08. net-a-porter.com (no change)
09. boutique1.com (-2)
10. lagarconne.com (-6)
01. Kim Kardashian (+1)
02. Olivia Palermo (-1)
03. Victoria Beckham (no change)
04. Leighton Meester (no change)
05. Chanel Iman (+1)
06. Blake Lively (+1)
07. Gemma Ward (+1)
08. Kaya Scodelario (new)
09. Malgosia Bela (re-entry)
10. Rihanna (re-entry)
01. loafers (new)
02. bomber jackets (re-entry)
03. oversized watches (+2)
04. beatle boots (new)
05. plaid (re-entry)
06. knee high boots (-5)
07. feather earrings (re-entry)
08. high top sneakers (re-entry)
09. biker boots (re-entry)
10. studded belts (re-entry)
Data collected on June 28.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives 6.5 million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Star Wars BB-8 droid toy is real, should be impossible
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...