Shoppers moving away from designer stilettos?
Tuesday 28 June 2011
With loafers, biker and beatle boots, and high top sneakers topping Polyvore's trend charts and not a single heel in sight, it seems as if fashion is getting bored with the Manolos and Louboutins of this world.
Together with the also top-ranking bomber jackets, oversized watches, studded belts, and plaid, it is safe to say that the online fashion community is not in the girliest mood these days.
In brands, H&M has made its way back to the top, with fast-fashion competitor Topshop following in fourth place. Fastest riser is Antik Batik, which brings a rare dose of frills and romance to this week's rankings.
01. H&M (+1)
02. Supertrash (-1)
03. Antik Batik (+5)
04. Topshop (+5)
05. Jane Norman (+2)
06. Balmain (re-entry)
07. Miss Selfridge (re-entry)
08. Madewell (+2)
09. Alexander McQueen (re-entry)
10. Rag & Bone (-4)
01. aloharag.com (re-entry)
02. generalpants.com.au (-1)
03. topshop.com (no change)
04. missselfridge.com (re-entry)
05. miumiu.com (new)
06. editnewyork.com (re-entry)
07. calypsostbarth.com (-5)
08. net-a-porter.com (no change)
09. boutique1.com (-2)
10. lagarconne.com (-6)
01. Kim Kardashian (+1)
02. Olivia Palermo (-1)
03. Victoria Beckham (no change)
04. Leighton Meester (no change)
05. Chanel Iman (+1)
06. Blake Lively (+1)
07. Gemma Ward (+1)
08. Kaya Scodelario (new)
09. Malgosia Bela (re-entry)
10. Rihanna (re-entry)
01. loafers (new)
02. bomber jackets (re-entry)
03. oversized watches (+2)
04. beatle boots (new)
05. plaid (re-entry)
06. knee high boots (-5)
07. feather earrings (re-entry)
08. high top sneakers (re-entry)
09. biker boots (re-entry)
10. studded belts (re-entry)
Data collected on June 28.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives 6.5 million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Hayfever pills and sleeping aids can 'significantly increase' risk of Alzheimer’s, says US study
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
SAG Awards 2015: Best and worst gowns on the red carpet
Nike Back to the Future style self-lacing shoes 'will arrive in 2015'
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Chilling drone footage captures Auschwitz ahead of 70th anniversary of liberation
- 5 Narendra Modi: Indian Prime Minister wears suit with pinstripes that spell his name to meet Barack Obama
£38000 - £42000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's best performing...
£35000 - £43000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our award-winning client is one...
£15000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of Atlas ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Opportunity to join established...