Shoppers moving away from designer stilettos?
Tuesday 28 June 2011
With loafers, biker and beatle boots, and high top sneakers topping Polyvore's trend charts and not a single heel in sight, it seems as if fashion is getting bored with the Manolos and Louboutins of this world.
Together with the also top-ranking bomber jackets, oversized watches, studded belts, and plaid, it is safe to say that the online fashion community is not in the girliest mood these days.
In brands, H&M has made its way back to the top, with fast-fashion competitor Topshop following in fourth place. Fastest riser is Antik Batik, which brings a rare dose of frills and romance to this week's rankings.
01. H&M (+1)
02. Supertrash (-1)
03. Antik Batik (+5)
04. Topshop (+5)
05. Jane Norman (+2)
06. Balmain (re-entry)
07. Miss Selfridge (re-entry)
08. Madewell (+2)
09. Alexander McQueen (re-entry)
10. Rag & Bone (-4)
01. aloharag.com (re-entry)
02. generalpants.com.au (-1)
03. topshop.com (no change)
04. missselfridge.com (re-entry)
05. miumiu.com (new)
06. editnewyork.com (re-entry)
07. calypsostbarth.com (-5)
08. net-a-porter.com (no change)
09. boutique1.com (-2)
10. lagarconne.com (-6)
01. Kim Kardashian (+1)
02. Olivia Palermo (-1)
03. Victoria Beckham (no change)
04. Leighton Meester (no change)
05. Chanel Iman (+1)
06. Blake Lively (+1)
07. Gemma Ward (+1)
08. Kaya Scodelario (new)
09. Malgosia Bela (re-entry)
10. Rihanna (re-entry)
01. loafers (new)
02. bomber jackets (re-entry)
03. oversized watches (+2)
04. beatle boots (new)
05. plaid (re-entry)
06. knee high boots (-5)
07. feather earrings (re-entry)
08. high top sneakers (re-entry)
09. biker boots (re-entry)
10. studded belts (re-entry)
Data collected on June 28.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives 6.5 million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
Voluntary: Cancer Research UK: We’re looking for someone to support our award ...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + car allowance + benefits: Ashdown Group: H...