Sina launches luxury online store in China
Friday 12 August 2011
Asian tech site
Penn Olsen reports that the Chinese online media company Sina, mainly known for its Twitter-like Weibo microblogging service, launched Sina Luxury on Friday.
The new e-store enables designers to sell their collections directly to customers - those who have already signed up include highest-profile Western brands such as Dior, Burberry, Gucci, and Paul Smith, all "100 percent guaranteed genuine," as the homepage states, referring to China's counterfeit problems.
According to Penn Olsen, Sina Luxury's main rivals on the Chinese market are the luxury e-tailing start-up IHaveU.com, which as opposed to Sina also sells menswear, as well as a new fashion store called Netease and e-commerce giant Taobao's TMalls.
The latter also launched a so-called "designer-to-consumer" (D2C) site on Thursday for limited-edition or custom-made clothes.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Scottish salmon sales leap as Asia develops a taste
Grim second life of the 'breastaurant': The oft-loathed sector is booming in the States thanks to Hooters, Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt
Health: When masturbation can be fatal: The practice of auto-erotic asphyxia is often concealed by a coroner's verdict. Monique Roffey looks at a lethal taboo
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 AirAsia flight QZ8501 missing: Search for plane carrying 162 passengers from Indonesia to Singapore suspended overnight
- 5 Naomi Wolf reacts to Isis 'conspiracy theories' critism after she questions whether beheading videos are real
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Panel Wireman required for small electro...
£25000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An SME based in East Cheshire, ...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have previous experience...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...