Sina launches luxury online store in China
Friday 12 August 2011
Asian tech site
Penn Olsen reports that the Chinese online media company Sina, mainly known for its Twitter-like Weibo microblogging service, launched Sina Luxury on Friday.
The new e-store enables designers to sell their collections directly to customers - those who have already signed up include highest-profile Western brands such as Dior, Burberry, Gucci, and Paul Smith, all "100 percent guaranteed genuine," as the homepage states, referring to China's counterfeit problems.
According to Penn Olsen, Sina Luxury's main rivals on the Chinese market are the luxury e-tailing start-up IHaveU.com, which as opposed to Sina also sells menswear, as well as a new fashion store called Netease and e-commerce giant Taobao's TMalls.
The latter also launched a so-called "designer-to-consumer" (D2C) site on Thursday for limited-edition or custom-made clothes.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Bill Granger recipes: Tenderstem broccoli omelette; Fried eggs with Mexican-style tomato and chilli sauce; Pan-fried cavolo nero with soft-boiled egg
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Account Manager...