Social media beauty index: all publicity is good publicity
Tuesday 08 March 2011
This week, CoverGirl proved that even negative reactions from fans can do a lot for the online popularity of a brand: despite a general dislike of its new Drew Barrymore ad ("too mature," "hungover," "unrecognizable"), the cosmetics company enters the biggest social media risers at number ten.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Secret: +47,293 (total fans: 869,662)
02. Hair Experts: +39,763 (total fans: 692,493)
03. Dove: +25,707 (total fans: 456,434)
04. Axe Angels Club: +20,185 (total fans: 1,242,456)
05. AXE: +16,442 (total fans: 975,087)
06. MAC Cosmetics: +14,798 (total fans: 1,595,947)
07. L'Oréal Paris Canada: +13,638 (total fans: 51,040)
08. Bath & Body Works: +12,959 (total fans: 1,511,354)
09. Maybelline New York - Canada: +10,141 (total fans: 97,827)
10. CoverGirl: +9,484 (total fans: 745,998)
Data recorded Tuesday, March 8. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 3 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 4 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 5 Man jumps into bear pen at zoo, fights bear and loses
£27500 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£19500 - £23500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced B2B Telemarketer wa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This global company are looking for two Showro...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This publishing company based i...