Social media beauty index: all publicity is good publicity
Tuesday 08 March 2011
This week, CoverGirl proved that even negative reactions from fans can do a lot for the online popularity of a brand: despite a general dislike of its new Drew Barrymore ad ("too mature," "hungover," "unrecognizable"), the cosmetics company enters the biggest social media risers at number ten.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Secret: +47,293 (total fans: 869,662)
02. Hair Experts: +39,763 (total fans: 692,493)
03. Dove: +25,707 (total fans: 456,434)
04. Axe Angels Club: +20,185 (total fans: 1,242,456)
05. AXE: +16,442 (total fans: 975,087)
06. MAC Cosmetics: +14,798 (total fans: 1,595,947)
07. L'Oréal Paris Canada: +13,638 (total fans: 51,040)
08. Bath & Body Works: +12,959 (total fans: 1,511,354)
09. Maybelline New York - Canada: +10,141 (total fans: 97,827)
10. CoverGirl: +9,484 (total fans: 745,998)
Data recorded Tuesday, March 8. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
Office plants computer chips under workers’ skin instead of ID cards
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: My client is an excellent, large partially ...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£100 - £150 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: Year 3 Teacher Birmingham Jan 2015...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Lead Web Develo...