Social media beauty index: all publicity is good publicity
Tuesday 08 March 2011
This week, CoverGirl proved that even negative reactions from fans can do a lot for the online popularity of a brand: despite a general dislike of its new Drew Barrymore ad ("too mature," "hungover," "unrecognizable"), the cosmetics company enters the biggest social media risers at number ten.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Secret: +47,293 (total fans: 869,662)
02. Hair Experts: +39,763 (total fans: 692,493)
03. Dove: +25,707 (total fans: 456,434)
04. Axe Angels Club: +20,185 (total fans: 1,242,456)
05. AXE: +16,442 (total fans: 975,087)
06. MAC Cosmetics: +14,798 (total fans: 1,595,947)
07. L'Oréal Paris Canada: +13,638 (total fans: 51,040)
08. Bath & Body Works: +12,959 (total fans: 1,511,354)
09. Maybelline New York - Canada: +10,141 (total fans: 97,827)
10. CoverGirl: +9,484 (total fans: 745,998)
Data recorded Tuesday, March 8. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 BBC’s new Game of Thrones slayer 'The Last Kingdom' relies on Saxon appeal, creators say
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
To £55kpa (12 Month Contract): Charter Selection: Major household name charity...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based i...
£75000 - £100000 per annum + bonus, bens: Progressive Recruitment: Sales Super...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Linux Systems Administrator - UNI...