Social media beauty index: all publicity is good publicity
Tuesday 08 March 2011
This week, CoverGirl proved that even negative reactions from fans can do a lot for the online popularity of a brand: despite a general dislike of its new Drew Barrymore ad ("too mature," "hungover," "unrecognizable"), the cosmetics company enters the biggest social media risers at number ten.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Secret: +47,293 (total fans: 869,662)
02. Hair Experts: +39,763 (total fans: 692,493)
03. Dove: +25,707 (total fans: 456,434)
04. Axe Angels Club: +20,185 (total fans: 1,242,456)
05. AXE: +16,442 (total fans: 975,087)
06. MAC Cosmetics: +14,798 (total fans: 1,595,947)
07. L'Oréal Paris Canada: +13,638 (total fans: 51,040)
08. Bath & Body Works: +12,959 (total fans: 1,511,354)
09. Maybelline New York - Canada: +10,141 (total fans: 97,827)
10. CoverGirl: +9,484 (total fans: 745,998)
Data recorded Tuesday, March 8. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
The Independent's live blog of today's Premier League action
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
£100 - £150 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS1 Supply Teacher re...
£140 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS2 Supply Teacher r...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS1 Teacher required,...
£140 - £160 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS1&2 Supply Te...