Social media beauty index: fastest-growing brands
Tuesday 15 February 2011
Ways of building your fan base online: launch an innovative campaign (Secret's deodorant campaign
Mean Stinks), collaborate with young fans' idols (singer Taylor Swift is the new
CoverGirl) or just hilarious people (Old Spice's
new ads with Isaiah Mustafa), release a short film (Axe's
fallen angels) or get back to basics and launch a new product line (MAC's
Wonder Woman collection).
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Secret: + 156,502 (total fans: 767,349)
02. CoverGirl: + 48,589 (total fans: 711,414)
03. Axe Angels Club: + 30,327 (total fans: 1,158,889)
04. Dove: + 22,092 (total fans: 345,840)
05. Bath & Body Works: + 19,874 (total fans: 1,467,708)
06. Axe: + 13,165 (total fans: 859,376)
07. MAC Cosmetics: + 12,544 (total fans: 1,555,216)
08. Revlon: + 11,045 (total fans: 244,817)
09. Old Spice: + 11,015 (total fans: 1,279,068)
10. Sephora: + 10,083 (total fans: 1,189,531)
Data recorded Tuesday, February 15. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
Ebola outbreak: Virus to kill 67,000 in Monrovia by December, claims academic study
Alexander Wang for H&M: Pumping video of the campaign filmed in London has been released
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
What do the text messages between you and your partner reveal about your relationship?
Controversy over Queen's 'first tweet' at London's Science Museum
- 1 Revolutionary lost Caravaggio painting 'Mary Magdalen in Ecstasy' identified
- 2 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 5 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...