Social media beauty index: fastest-growing brands
Tuesday 15 February 2011
Ways of building your fan base online: launch an innovative campaign (Secret's deodorant campaign
Mean Stinks), collaborate with young fans' idols (singer Taylor Swift is the new
CoverGirl) or just hilarious people (Old Spice's
new ads with Isaiah Mustafa), release a short film (Axe's
fallen angels) or get back to basics and launch a new product line (MAC's
Wonder Woman collection).
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Secret: + 156,502 (total fans: 767,349)
02. CoverGirl: + 48,589 (total fans: 711,414)
03. Axe Angels Club: + 30,327 (total fans: 1,158,889)
04. Dove: + 22,092 (total fans: 345,840)
05. Bath & Body Works: + 19,874 (total fans: 1,467,708)
06. Axe: + 13,165 (total fans: 859,376)
07. MAC Cosmetics: + 12,544 (total fans: 1,555,216)
08. Revlon: + 11,045 (total fans: 244,817)
09. Old Spice: + 11,015 (total fans: 1,279,068)
10. Sephora: + 10,083 (total fans: 1,189,531)
Data recorded Tuesday, February 15. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
The Last of Us: Ashley Johnson says she would play Ellie in a sequel
UK police to start seizing drivers' mobile phones after all crashes
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and me: How Olivier Rousteing is revitalising the house of Balmain
Feminist artistic underwear gives a biology lesson in women’s internal anatomy
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45
£45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: JAVA DEVELO...
£30000 - £34000 Per Annum 25 days holiday, Private healthcare: Clearwater Peop...
£475 - £550 per day: Progressive Recruitment: MDAX / Dynamics AX / Microsoft D...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: .NET/ C# .Pr...